Feel the forces of nature
Norheimsund is the administrative centre of Kvam, and the village is located on the northern shore of the Hardangerfjord.
Norheimsund has one of Norway's most visited waterfalls. The Steinsdalsfossen waterfall is special because you can walk behind it without getting wet. When you stand under the waterfall with water roaring above your head you get a real sense of the forces of nature.
Activities and sights in Norheimsund
- Visit the Steinsdalsfossen Waterfall
- Visit the Hardanger Ships Preservation Centre a museum focusing on maritime culture.
- Visit the Ingebrigt Vik Muesum
- Golfing at the Børve Golf Course
One of our round trips to the fjords go by Norheinsund:
Hardanger in a nutshell
If you travel Norway by car, buy our discount card Fjord Pass®. You will receive:
- 10% discount on car rental
- Up to 20% discount on accommodation
- 10-25% discount on activities
Rent a car with our 10% discount here
See all our car routes in Norway