Hardangerfjord - the second longest fjord in Norway
Hardanger has a lot to offer with many scenic gems; fjords, mountains, waterfalls, glaciers and orchards.
- 179 km long
- Its maximum depth is more than 800 metres
- The longest arm of the Hardangerfjord is the Sørfjord
- The Hardangerfjord is situated in the county of Hordaland in Western Norway
The 179-kilometre-long fjord offers scenery that even the most well-travelled tourists will find spellbinding. Here you will find cultural and natural gems side by side. If you travel in May, you may well see the fruit trees in Hardanger in blossom.
I Hardanger you can enjoy a panorama that is second to none. Nature comes to life.
The Hardangerfjord is included on the Hardanger in a nutshell round trip.
See prices and hotels around the fjord
If you travel Norway by car, buy our discount card Fjord Pass®. You will receive:
- 10% discount on car rental
- Up to 20% discount on accommodation
- 10-25% discount on activities
Along the fjord you find beautiful villages where you can stop over and use the Fjord Pass® hotel pass. Read more about Øystese, Eidfjord, Ulvik, Utne, Strandebarm and Lofthus.