Travel Trondheim - Narvik by car
We have created a tour for you through Norway's most popular tourist areas, with several activities along the way. This tour takes you from Trondheim to Steinkjer, continuing on the Kystriksveien coastal highway. Journalists and visitors have called the Kystriksveien coastal highway ‘The most beautiful stretch of road in Norway and perhaps the finest tourist route in Norway’. From Steinkjer in the south to Bodø in the north, the Kystriksveien coastal highway takes you through 650 kilometres of varied and magnificent landscape.
Book activities, hotel and other accommodation along the Trondheim - Narvik route
Through our pages you can book activities and accommodation. We have collected all the information on one easy to browse page, so you can get an overview of your possibilities as you plan your trip. If you plan on renting a car you will save 10% if you buy our Fjord Pass®.
Buy Fjord Pass®
Rent a car from AVIS with our 10% discount here
Trondheim - Narvik Travel route:
- Trondheim - Steinkjer: 120 km, 2 hrs. From Trondheim, you take the E 6 to Steinkjer
- Steinkjer - Namsos: 75.6 km, 1 hr 20 min. Drive the RV 17 ‘Coastal highway’ to Namsos
- Namsos - Brønnøysund: 223 km, 3 hrs 54 min. Continue on the RV 17 to Brønnøysund
- Brønnøysund - Nesna: 130 km, 3 hrs. Continue on the RV 17 to Nesna and north on the Coastal highway
- Nesna - Glomfjord: 178 km, 3 hrs 24 min. The RV 17 to Glomfjord
- Glomfjord - Bodø: 137 km, 2 hrs 10 min. The last stretch on this trip, also on the beautiful coastal highway, ends in Bodø
There are several sights on this Trondheim - Narvik trip:
The Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, the Island of Jøa in Olav Duun country, NORVEG Costal Cultural Centre, the famouse mountains: Torghatten, the Seven Sisters, Dønnamannen, Hestmannen and Lekamøy, the Svartisen glacier and Saltstraumen among many others.
With Fjord Pass® you will receive up to 20% discount on accommodation.
See all our hotels along the route
With Fjord Pass® you also get discount at several activities in Norway:
- Visit Namsskogan Family park
We have created several car routes around Norway:
See all our car routes connected to Trondheim
See all our car routes in Norway