Fjord Tours AS appreciates your visit to our website and your interest in our products. We want you to feel secure when you are visiting our website, and we assure you that your personal information is safe with us. Any personal information with which we are provided is used exclusively to help us to help you. We do not sell any of the information we receive.
Your personal information
This refers to information such as your name, contact details, and travel preferences. Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us or make a booking on our website.
Our use of your information
(1) Your information will be used by our staff when processing your booking to ensure that you are given the correct product and service that you have ordered. The information may also be used to contact you if any problems regarding your order should occur, e.g. in connection with over bookings on trains, traffic interruptions etc.
In the event of any disruption to traffic or other unforeseen incidents, we may disclose some of your information to our service providers. This is solely for the purpose of being able to provide you with our services and to ensure that you have a safe and convenient journey.
(2) We may collect and use your information for administrative purposes, such as improving our service, business management and operation, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends and dispute resolution.
If you do not agree to ‘Our use of your information’ above, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may contact you from time to time with information about offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Please note that e-communication will only be sent to you if you have agreed to receive such information by registering on our website or during the booking process. You will be given the opportunity on every e-communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
(2) You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
(3) If you do not wish to receive such information or you would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of ‘Your rights' below.
(1) You have the right to submit a written request for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in the information.
(2) You have the right to request in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. In every e-communication we send you, you will be given the opportunity to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Use of ‘cookies' and links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. We are not responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
Changes to this policy
Any changes to this policy will be posted here on this web page.