Fjord Kajak in Jondal
Jondal ist bekannt als das beste Tor zum Gletscher Folgefonna, ist aber auch berühmt für seine Fjordlandschaft. Das beste Fjord Erlebnis ist von einem Cockpit in einem Seekajak. Man hat das Gefühl, Teil des Fjords zu sein und es ist unmöglich, dem Wasserelement näher zu kommen, ohne nass zu werden!
Dieser Inhalt ist zur Zeit nur auf Englisch verfügbar.
At Juklafjord you will meet the kayak guide and prepare the kayak tour with a safety introduction, equipment adjustment etc. Once done, you are ready for a true fjord experience from the cockpit in a real sea kayak.
The kayak tour starts with basic paddling techniques, handling of the kayak and procedures if you are unlucky and capsize with the kayak. When you feel safe and can control the kayak, the kayak trip goes to "Jonaneset".
Note that the tour may be adjusted due to wave conditions, weather etc. In any case, you from the fjord have fantastic views to the beautiful surrounding mountains and the stunning fjord landscape.
At Juklafjord Activity Center you can safely store your personal belongings, change of clothes etc. There is also a café here, so after the trip you can enjoy a hot soup, cake or a cup of coffee.
Good to know
- Meeting point: The activity center Juklafjord, Jonavegen 20, 5627 Jondal. See map HERE. Please be there 15 minutes before you booked time
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Minimum age: 12 years. Child and adult price is the same
- Your clothes can get wet if you are unlucky and turn over; so please bring an extra set of clothes for changing if needed. You should also bring a towel
- We provide all necessary kayaking equipment. Safety has first priority, so the tour can be cancelled or changed due to wind/weather conditions
- Lunch is not included in the tour, so please bring a packed lunch
Getting to Jondal from Bergen
Start the day with a bus ride from the city life in Bergen to the countryside in Jondal, Hardanger. The bus route 930 from Bergen is a direct route to Jondal and has daily departures:
- Bergen - Jondal, 08:20 route 930 from Bergen Central Bus Station, terminal «O». Arrival in Jondal 10:30
- Jondal - Bergen, 18:00 route 930 from Jondal. Arrival in Bergen at 20:05
Leave the bus as you cross the Hardangerfjord by ferry. Disembark in Jondal and continue approx. 100 meters to the left where you will find the tourist office and the activity center Juklafjord. See map HERE.
Have a nice trip!