Taste of Oslo
Die Taste of Oslo Food Tour ist eine geführte Tour, bei der Sie Oslo wie ein Einheimischer erleben und traditionelle norwegische Gerichte, Snacks und Getränke probieren möchten. Wirklich der beste Weg, um die Stadt zu sehen und traditionelle norwegische Küche zu probieren!
Dieser Inhalt ist zur Zeit nur auf Englisch verfügbar.
On the The Taste of Oslo Food Tour your guide takes you through local spots and gems that are hard to come by on your own, and shows you the best of traditional Norwegian food, culture and history. Take a walk around the city and get to know places full of tradition, history and fun facts. See what Oslo is made of and get an enriching experience that will make both your mind and your belly satisfied!
The Taste of Oslo tour
This four hour tour starts downtown and it will lead you to the local spots in the city with an interesting history and delicious food. You start the tour by meeting your guide who will explain you the plan and follow the tour with your first tasting spot. After a very satisfying first tasting dish you will visit a unique Bunad store. Bunads are traditional Norwegian costumes worn on special and representative days.
You will then pass through the government headquarters area on your way to a small coffee shop where you will try some Norwegian waffles. You can choose between strawberry jam or brown cheese on your waffle and you will have some coffee or tea as well.
We will continue our walk across one of the oldest cemeteries in Oslo to visit graves of two famous Norwegians: Henrik Ibsen and Edvard Munch. Our path leads us all the way to the food court Mathallen where you will have both cured meat tasting followed with some Norwegian meat / fish / cheese tasting. You will taste three or four types of local Norwegian cheeses together with a brown goat cheese made like in the old days. If your wondering what a brown cheese is and how does it taste this tour is perfect for you!
After the visit to Mathallen we will continue the walk across the river Akerselva all the way to the hipster area of the city where our bar is. There you will have a chance to try three types of Norwegian locally brewed beers. We will end the tour by offering you traditional Norwegian Christmas drink, a hard liquor made of potatoes, called Akvavitt or Water of life.
If you haven't tried Akvavitt or even if you have, you will have to repeat it because is perfect for cold dark winter nights or fresh summer days. If you're not a fan of the beer we can offer you something else, like cider, wine or soda just bear in mind there are not Norwegian wines.
Good to know
- Meeting place and starting point: Outside the chocolate store "Freia" Carl Johan Street next to the Grand Hotel. See map HERE. You guide will be at the meeting point 5 minutes before the tour starts
- Duration: 3 - 4 hours
- Children from 3 - 17 years, adults from 18 years. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- All tastings are included. We do not recommend a big breakfast since this tour includes a good amount of food
- Some months of the year, we might try different tasting locations depending on the weather or season. Check the weather beforehand and dress accordingly. Tour will go in all weather conditions. Clothing is casual
- In some cases (depending on the season and the tour itinerary) we will take you on a short ride with public transport, in order to show you how effective transport in Oslo is
- If there are any food allergies we should be aware of, please inform us of this in advance as we will be able to help with a different menu
- The tour is wheelchair friendly
Enjoy a delicious and exciting experience in Oslo!