Fjord cruise Ålesund - Geiranger - Ålesund
Travel like a local and discover the traditional way to explore the fjords! The beautiful journey from Ålesund - Geiranger - Ålesund is around 120 km passing through three distinctive fjords and spectacular landscapes. Also available as a one-way cruise!
On the trip from Ålesund to Geiranger you travel on the The MS Geirangerfjord II catamaran. This boat has been specifically designed in Norway to enhance the fjord sightseeing experience. This vessel is the perfect size to cater for individuals and groups on the route from Ålesund to Geiranger.
You can take this cruise as a return cruise (Ålesund - Geiranger - Ålesund), or as a one way cruise from Ålesund - Geiranger or from Geiranger - Ålesund. To book a return cruise, make your booking on this page. Follow the links below to book one-way options:
The route & cruise experience
The boat makes stops along the route, so you can experience how people traditionally traveled to Geiranger before the development of the road network. A new and unique audio guide for this route, in Norwegian and English, has been locally written to gather the stories of the fjord farms and areas only accessible by boat.
The cruise takes about three hours each way and you can enjoy a cup of coffee, light refreshments and great views while traveling from the ocean to the fjord.
Upon arrival in Geiranger, you have three hours to explore the village, enjoy some lunch, join a sightseeing tour by bus, taxi or e-car. While in Geiranger you can adventure to the closest viewpoints Eagle bend or Flydalsjuvet, or perhaps even visit the spectacular views of the Dalsnibba / Geiranger Skywalk.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Skansekai Ålesund. Behind touristinformation and "Big horn steak house”. See map HERE or HERE. Please be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time
- Duration: 3,5 hours each way
- Adults from 16 years, children from 5-15
- There is a small kiosk onboard selling waffles, pizza, light refreshments, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Bring a jacket or warm clothes to stroll on around on the outside deck
- Audio guiding available in Norwegian and English
Remember your camera - Have a nice trip!