Fjord safari in Flam and Undredal
Fjordsafari is a great way to experience the UNESCO paradise Aurlandfjord and the Nærøyfjord. On the trip you will have an experienced guide and stop at attractions along the way to learn more about the local history and experience the spectacular wildlife. You will also taste and sample the local goat cheese!
Heritage fjordsafari & tasting of Norwegian cheese
The trip combines great fjord experiences with a visit to the charming village of Underdal and tasting the famous goatcheese. Along the way we make stops at attractions and spot for seals, porpoises and eagles. The guide will tell you about the fjord, local history and the wildlife; and share with you stories, tales and legends, from various places of interest.
Taste of Norwegian food in Undredal
We go ashore in Undredal, a little village squeezed in between tall mountains. Undredal is inhabited by 90 people and almost 500 goats. To no surprise the specialty of this village is the production of goatcheese, and you will get to taste it. You will also hear about the tradition of cheese production, and you may listen to folktales and folksongs.
- Meeting point at the Fjordsafari docks in the centre of Flåm, departure/arrival 16:30/19:30
- Stop in Undredal with tasting of the local cheese
- Eperienced guide during the trip
- Equipment: Floatation suits and if necessary to keep warm as well gloves, beanies and shoes
- Tip: Wear practical outdoor clothes and shoes and bring sunglasses