Sea sightseeing with an historical twist
Get to know Tromsø on a rib-boat tour where we stop at different areas worth seeing and provide you with some interesting facts about Tromsø. The tour also includes a trip to Ryisland, Ryøya and Hakøya.
During the tour you will also get to see Polstjerna, a vessel made for hunting seals. It is a important part of Tromsø's history.
We leave Tromso island and set for Ryisland, an area known for its strong currents and lots of fish and bird life. Ryøya is an uninhabited island, the only animals on the island is Musk Ocs. If you are lucky you will see them grazing by the shore! (Not guaranteed)
We will also take you to Hakøya, where the Germans suffered one of the biggest defeats during the 2nd world war, as their ship called Tirpitz was sunken here by the Englishmen. After some storytelling by your guide, we return to Tromso.
Good to know
- Meeting place: In front of Clarion Collection Hotel With, towards the harbor, 10 min before departure
- Safety instructions will be given prior to the excursion. Flotation suits/overalls will be provided
- Duration: 2 hours
- Minimum age: 8 years, 12 years and up are counted as adults
- Daily departures at 20:00, duration 2 hours
- Wear warm clothes and shoes