Historisches Kajakfahren am Sandvinsvatnet in Odda
- Auf dem Wasser
Starten Sie von Odda und genießen Sie eine historische Kajakfahrt auf dem Sandvinsvatnet in Odda.
Dieser Inhalt ist zur Zeit nur auf Englisch verfügbar.
Your dedicated guide will meet you at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda, where participants will be fitted with a kayak, paddle, sprayskirt, wetsuit and a life jacket. Upon departure you will be given a safety briefing and instruction before we set out on the lake. We drive 2km from Trolltunga Hotel to the Sandvinsvatnet where your kayaking adventure starts.
Kayaking at Sandvins lake is a trip through Norwegian history. The lake is surrounded by a cultural landscape, and its said that this lake and landscape inspired the painting «Bridal Procession on the Hardangerfjord». You pass the Tjødnadalen waterfall and Strandsfossen waterfall as well as the Buar glacier. The mountains rise from the lake with the Folgefonna Glacier resting on top. You are in the middle of all this, sitting in your kayak.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Trolltunga Hotel,Vasstun 1, Odda, see map HERE
- Duration: 4 - 5 hours
- Age limit: 15 years
- The tour includes kayak, paddle, sprayskirt, wetsuit and a life jacket, guide & local snacks
- Wear practical outdoor clothes and shoes. Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, water and a lunch for 4-5 hours
- If cold weather, bring extra clothes such as beanie, woll underwear etc.
- All participants must be able to swim and weigh no more than 125 kg (275 lbs)
- There will be high-quality commentary guiding
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the trip, equipment needed, weather forecast and more.
Have a nice trip!