Canyoning in Valldal
- Water Adventures
- Mountain & Glaciers
Go canyoning in the spectacular gorge just below the famous Gudbrandsjuvet in Valldal. Push your limits on this exciting and once in a lifetime adventure!
Canyoning in Valldal offers a truly multi-adventure as it involves rappelling, tight ropes, cliff jumping into the river, via-Ferrata climbing, a zip line, and swimming.
The trip takes place directly downstream from the renowned Gudbrands Canyon, approximately 15 kilometers from downtown Valldal, towards Trollstigen. The course is located in a breathtaking canyon, where placid water runs between vertical granite walls.
The first challenge is Via Ferrata, followed by a rope bridge, stretched across to the other side of the canyon. From there you move further into the canyon with Via-Ferrata, a new balance bridge, before doing your first dive of the day from 3 meters height! After a short swim in the refreshing water, climb up again, and get ready for more jumping, swimming, climbing, and ziplining! The trip ends with a swim through white water rapid at the end of the canyon.
- Meeting place: At Valldal Naturopplevingar's office, Grandegata 38, 6210 Valldal, see map HERE
- Transport to/from Gudbrandsjuvet is included. It is possible for participants to drive their own car from the meeting place to Gudbrandsjuvet, after receiving equipment. It is then possible to end the tour after the activity in Gudbrandsjuvet and continue to Trollstigen/Åndalsnes.
- It is recommended to bring long wool underwear to wear under your wetsuit for warmth and comfort on cooler days
- Bring a towel and warm change of clothes for use after the trip
- No skills required besides being able to swim. Participants must be in reasonable physical shape, and not afraid of water or jumping from at least 2-3 meters’ height
- We recommend eating before the activity, we do not take a lunch break during the tour
- It`s possible to buy a warm and good lunch after the tour with our partner, the cafè "Under Taket"
- Good safety measures are always a priority! Each trip is led by a trip-leader, with at least 2 years’ experience. The guides must have completed our internal educational program and a first aid course. Safety instruction will be given before the activity starts, and these must be followed.
- Participants with previous back-, head-, or hip injuries are recommended to contact us before booking a tour.
Get ready for a wet and wild adventure in Gudbrandsjuvet!