Canyoning in Valldal
Go canyoning in the amazing Gudbrandsjuvet in Valldal! Push your limits on this exciting and once in a lifetime adventure!
This is an exciting activity where you will push limits and enjoy an amazing landscape. We follow an exciting and challenging course through the canyon, including rappelling, tight ropes, cliff jumping into the river, via-ferrata climbing, a zip line and swimming.
Good to know
- Meeting Place: At Valldal Naturopplevingar's office. The address is er Grandegata 38, 6210 Valldal, see map HERE
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Transport to/from Gudbrandsjuvet
- It is smart to bring long wool underwear to wear under your wetsuit for warmth and comfort on cooler days
- Bring a towel and warm change of clothes for use after the trip
- No skills required besides being able to swim. Participants must be in reasonable physical shape, and not afraid of water or jumping from at least 2-3 meters’ height
- We recommend eating before the activity, we do not take lunch break during the tour
- It`s possible to buy a warm and good lunch after the tour with our partner, the cafè "Under Taket"
Our guest’s safety is our highest priority. Therefore, each trip is led by a trip-leader, with at least 2 years’ experience. Our guides must have completed our internal educational program and a first aid course. Safety instruction will be given before the activity starts, and these must be followed.
It is possible for participants to drive their own car from our office to Gudbrandsjuvet, after receiving equipment. It is then possible to end the tour after the activity in Gudbrandsjuvet and continue to Trollstigen/Åndalsnes.
Participants with previous back-, head-, or hip injuries are recommend to contact us before booking a tour.
How to get to Valldal
Valldal is located in Møre og Romsdal on the National Tourist Route between Trollstigen and Geiranger. It is a short distance by car from Geiranger, approx. 30 km. and from Ålesund and approx. 80 km from Molde. There is a bus service from Geiranger (Bus 220), Ålesund (Bus 100/210) and Molde (Bus 100/210) to Valldal. You can plan your bus trip here: www.frammr.no. If you have trouble finding out or need help, contact Valldal Naturopplevingar.
Welcome to a once in a lifetime adventure in Gudbrandsjuvet!