Schneeschuhwandern in Raundalen, Voss
- Hundeschlittenfahrten und Schneetouren
Möchten Sie durch einen tief verschneiten Wald laufen? Oder vielleicht die Stille der freien Natur in ihrem langen Winterschlaf genießen? Diese geführte Schneeschuhwanderung nach Raundalen ist ein guter Weg, um ein echtes Wintererlebnis ohne Ski zu bekommen.
Dieser Inhalt ist zur Zeit nur auf Englisch verfügbar.
Raundalen is a secluded valley featuring wild and unspoilt mountain nature. The beautiful Raundalen river winds its way through narrow gorges and forested marshlands. Snowy mountains with steep hillsides frame the valley on both sides. Deer, elks and other wild animals can be spotted, if we are lucky. The railway line between Bergen and Oslo runs through this valley, allowing for practical and emission-free access.
During a typical day out, your guide will make sure you learn basic skills for safe travel in winter, introduce you to both nature and local culture and make sure you feel comfortable at all times.
At our lunch spot for the day, we build a bonfire together and enjoy something hot to drink and a bite to eat. Here’s an opportunity for you to learn what it takes to make a bonfire of your own. We use the heat of the flames to prepare our meal. If the weather is bad, we’ll join forces and build an improvised shelter to keep us dry and out of the wind. You'll find that the time spent near the bonfire provides a good opportunity for contemplation and leaving the civilised world behind for a few moments.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Outside "Tre Brør café" in the center of Voss at 09:15 am , see map HERE.
- Duration: 7 hours
- You walk 3-6 km on snowshoes in light terrain
- The trip is adapted to the weather, conditions and the group's conditions
- Age limit: 8 years
- Please wear warm clothes on this trip, such as: Woolen thermals (long underwear), warm woolen socks, wind- and waterproof clothing (shell layer), warm, waterproof winter boots, beanie or knit cap, loves or mittens
- The price includes: Train tickets, an experienced guide during your trip, a light meal of locally crafted food, including hot drinks – prepared on a bonfire, snowshoes and ski poles, unlimited access to warm clothing such as mittens, beanies, woolen sweaters, woolen socks and all necessary safety equipment
- Participants are required to sign a risk and liability statement before the activity starts
On this tour we follow the Leave No Trace principles and make use of zero-emission infrastructure whenever possible. Your guide will share knowledge about local culture, sites we visit and local customs. Your guide will also advocate low-impact travel and raise the participants’ awareness of local wildlife.
Enjoy your tour!