Glacier hiking on Nigardsbreen - 4 hours
- Glacier Hiking
Discover the power of nature, impressive ice towers and deep blue crevasses on this 4 hour glacier hiking tour. An experience you never will forget!
On this Blue Ice Hike you will experience and learn how to use crampons and an ice axe, visit ice caves and learn all about the formative power of a Glacier. An experienced guide will be with you during your hike on the glacier and complete glacier equipment will be provided.
You will be roped up, and walk leisurely with crampons and ice axe along deep blue crevasses and high ice towers. Sometimes you can even crawl through some ice tunnels! Some part of the route climbs quite steep up and down, which is made easier by steps in the ice.
Participants should be reasonably sure-footed and have some previous hiking experience. For people without any hiking experience on mountain trails the trip can be exhausting. This hike is suitable for all who want to experience, during a short hike, what glacier hiking really is like. The exhibition at Breheimsenteret is included.
The Nigardsbreen Glacier is near by the Sognefjord and you will have views to some of the most impressive areas of the blue ice!
- Meeting place: Nigardsbreen parking lot by the sign GUIDE next to the service building. See map here. Please be there min. 30 minutes before the hike starts
- Duration: Appx. 4 hours with 1,5 h. on the ice
- Min. age 12 years
- Bring solid hiking shoes, warm and rain/wind proof clothing, as well as food and something to drink
- Clothing must cover the whole body, so shorts or T-shirts should not be worn
- Before the trip starts the guide will inform about the safety conditions
You can go glacier hiking on Nigardsbreen during our Sognefjord in a nutshell trip! Read more about the trip Sognefjord in a nutshell with glacier hiking on Nigardsbreen here.