Kayak tour to the hidden UNESCO fjord
Join us for a four hour guided kayak tour at the beautiful Norddalsfjord and the hidden Tafjord. Quiet and exclusive, without cruiseships and big boats.
This is a round trip starting and ending in Valldal. We paddle along the Syltefjellet mountain and enter the hidden Tafjord. A unspoiled and quiet UNESCO world heritage, part of the West Norwegian fjords.
We pass the two villages Vika and Fjørå. From Fjøra we cross the fjord and paddle over to Osvika, an old farm located at the shoreline. Here we will enjoy our delicious lunch accompanied by the beautiful scenery.
The final part of the tours takes us back to Valldal along the other side of the fjord. On the return part you will experience the meeting between the old society and the modern fishing industry, as well as seeing and passing a majestic waterfalls. And if we are lucky, maybe we will spot an eagle or a porpoise!
During the tour our guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour.
This is a perfect tour for both beginners and experts. Just long enough and in lovely surroundings.
Good to know
- Meeting Place: At Valldal Naturopplevingar's office in the heart of Valldal village, right next to Valldal Fjordhotell and the convenience store Bunnpris. The address is er Grandegata 38, 6210 Valldal.
- A traditional Norwegian lunch pack is included. Please include any dietary or allergy requests to your booking
- No experience necessary to take part in the tour. We offer both single and double kayaks
- Participants must to be able to swim. Use outdoor clothing that you not are afraid of getting wet
- Bring a wind- and waterproof jacket for better heat and comfort. A warm sweater of wool or fleece and hat recommended to bring on cold days, a cap and sunglasses recommended if it’s sunny
- Bring a water bottle and your camera
The safety of our guests is our highest priority. We use only expert guides with local knowledge and experience in guiding groups kayaking on the fjord. Our guides have first aid course. We will give basic paddle instructions and safety information before we start the tour.
How to get to Valldal
Valldal is located in Møre og Romsdal on the National Tourist Route between Trollstigen and Geiranger. It is a short distance by car from Geiranger, approx. 30 km. and from Ålesund and approx. 80 km from Molde. There is a bus service from Geiranger (Bus 220), Ålesund (Bus 100/210) and Molde (Bus 100/210) to Valldal. You can plan your bus trip here: www.frammr.no. If you have trouble finding out or need help, contact Valldal Naturopplevingar.
Welcome to a fun and exciting kayaking trip!