Kayak Tour to The Hidden UNESCO Fjord from Valldal
- Water Adventures
- Fjord Adventures
Join in on a four hour guided kayak tour at the beautiful Norddalsfjord and the hidden Tafjord. Quiet and exclusive, without cruiseships and big boats.
This is a round trip starting and ending in Valldal where you get to see an unknown and magical side of the magnificent world heritage site.
Together with your guide you paddle along the Syltefjellet mountain and enter the hidden Tafjord. A unspoiled and quiet UNESCO world heritage, part of the West Norwegian fjords.
You pass the two villages Vika and Fjørå, from here you cross the fjord and paddle over to Osvika, an old farm located at the shoreline. Here you will have a break and enjoy a delicious lunch accompanied by the beautiful scenery.
The final part of the tours takes us back to Valldal along the other side of the fjord. On the return part you will experience the meeting between the old society and the modern fishing industry, as well as seeing and passing a majestic waterfalls. And if we are lucky, maybe we will spot an eagle or a porpoise!
During the tour your guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour. This is a perfect tour for both beginners and experts. Just long enough and in lovely surroundings.
- Meeting Place: At Valldal Naturopplevingar's office. The address is er Grandegata 38, 6210 Valldal, see map HERE
- A traditional Norwegian lunch pack is included. Please include any dietary or allergy requests to your booking
- No experience necessary to take part in the tour. Both single and double kayaks to choose between
- Participants must to be able to swim. Use outdoor clothing that you not are afraid of getting wet
- Bring a wind- and waterproof jacket for better heat and comfort. A warm sweater of wool or fleece and hat recommended to bring on cold days, a cap and sunglasses recommended if it’s sunny
- Bring a water bottle
Welcome to a fun and exciting kayaking trip!