Kayaking Day Tour on the Nærøyfjord from Gudvangen
Join in on a full day of kayaking in Gudvangen and explore the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Park! On this tour you will experience places only accessible by kayaks!
This trip is designed to show you most of the UNESCO World Heritage Park as you will explore the historic area of the Nærøyfjord, which for centuries has been playing an important role in linking together western and central Norway. Explore the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Park - you will go to places only accessible by kayaks.
You meet your guide at the Kayak Center in Gudvange and you will be introduced to the other members of the day's group. The guide ensures that you are properly equipped with your personal paddling gear for the day and then you're off.
Together with your guide, you will paddle to areas only accessible to sea kayaks or boats as there are no roads going further once we reach Bakka. Instruction in paddling, group safety, and environmental care will be given along the way and your guide will tell you stories about life in and around the fjord.
You will view waterfalls, pass small settlements and local farms, as you pass through the narrow fjord that is only a few hundred meters wide at places. You are likely to spot seals, they are seen on most tours from a distance and sometimes do come by for a closer look.
During the trip, there will be a break for a delicious barbecue lunch. During the break, you can relax, explore, go swimming or take some photos. The meal served is fresh & generous, and you can lay back and enjoy the food in beautiful surroundings. Can it get any better?
The tour on the fjord is 14-16 km long which is 3.5-4.5 hours of paddling depending on the day, the group, and the weather. After some fantastic hours in the world heritage area, it is time to return to Gudvangen after a day filled with unbeatable experiences and impressions.
- Meeting place: The Sea Kayaking Center in Gudvangen at 10:00, see map HERE
- If you want transportation from Voss, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. The meeting time if meeting in Voss is 9:00 - 9:15 am at the Floating Pier on the lakefront just below the Mini golf lakeside café beside Park Hotel. Please look for Nordic Ventures white and blue branded vehicles
- The guide can cater to most tastes and vegetarians are welcome. Special dietary needs need to be advised in advance. This can be done in the booking process.
- Bring: Sun cap or beanie hat, a water bottle, a warm top or fleece jacket on cold days (paddle jacket provided), shorts or long underwear (wetsuit provided when needed), warm gloves during the colder parts of the season
- The supply waterproof storage boxes for use on the kayak
- You can safely store your belongings at our base in Gudvangen while you are out on the tour
Have a nice trip!