Fjord safari with RIB-boat on the Hardangerfjord from Eidfjord
- Fjord Cruises and Fjord Safari
The Hardangerfjord is a fantastic destination that offers almost everything! On this RIB boat trip from Eidfjord you will experience spectacular scenery and a vibrant cultural fjord landscape!
Your tour starts after changing into a thermal floating suit and life west, followed by a short safety briefing. You should have your photo camera ready, there are loads of beautiful and interesting places in the Hardangerfjord! Along the way, there will be several stops where your guide will tell you about the surroundings.
One of the stops will be in Hotle where goats walk along the shore and sometimes comes all the way down to the boat! At another stop there are often seals lying on the beaches or playing in the shore. There is also a rich bird life in the Eidfjord, which varies with the seasons.
When the boat stops at the bottom of Simadalsfjorden, we find ourselves at one of Norway's largest power plants. Here your guide will tell you a little about the power station and put it in conjunction with other sights, such as Vøringsfossen, Hardangerjøkulen and Sysendammen. The Simadalsfjord is visually beautiful with its steep mountainsides and many small waterfalls!
Later on, we will travel to the middle of the Eidfjord where we will see Eidfjord, Kjeåsen and Skår, The Hardanger Bridge and Hardangerjøkulen mountains. Here you will learn more about how the nature in the area has been formed, and about the people who live here. A trip to the fjord might also give you inspiration and ideas for what you can see and experience when you get back to land!
An alternative to visiting the power station in Simadalsfjorden is going to the Hardanger Bridge to study it from the fjord. There is a lot to learn about the building process and dimensions of this impressive bridge. Along the way to Hardangerbrua we pass a waterfall that almost comes up into the boat on rainy days, as well as several places of cultural historical significance. There will not be time to visit both Simadalsfjorden and Hardangerbrua on the same trip, so passengers and weather conditions will determine where to go.
Good to know
- Meeting place: Eidfjord Harbour, right next to the Tourist Information, address: Ostangvegen 1, 5783 Eidfjord, see mape HERE
- Duration: 1 hour
- Included: Thermal floating suit, life west and guide. If needed, googles will be provided
- An experienced guide will be with you on the trip, safety instructions will be given in advance
- Age limit: 7 years (min. 100 cm). Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress in practical clothes and shoes, remember sunglasses. No high heals, thanks!
- Remember your camera, sunglasses and sunscreen
Enjoy an exciting trip on the Hardangerfjord!