Romsdalstigen Via Ferrata - The Intro Wall
Via Ferrata climbing offers a spectacular and safe way of experiencing Romsdalen from above.
Using a network of steel cables, ladders and aids, now almost everybody can enjoy climbing and the spectacular view it brings!
Romsdalsstigen Via Ferrata "The Intro Wall" is an airy outdoor experience in magnificent natural surroundings. Get ready for a tickle in your stomach and wind in your hair – this is an experience of a lifetime!
Safely secured to the mountain, you can challenge yourself and climb up the rock wall without being a mountaineer. While climbing, you can displace the carabiners upwards along the steel wires bolted to the mountain. We promise you a mountain trip you will never forget in the dramatic and exceptional valley Romsdalen.
The Intro wall is a short and airy hike for most people and is suitable if you want to try climbing in via ferrata for the first time. No previous knowledge is required, but you should be in a normally good physical shape. The route has been classified with a difficulty degree B in the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation Via ferrata scale.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Norsk Tindesenter, Havnegata 2, 6300 Åndalsnes, see map HERE
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Safety: The climbers are secured in the cables attached to the rock
- Bring a small back pack, food and drinks with you
- Wear: Mountain trousers, buff /hat, rubberized gloves, hiking shoes, sunglasses
- Minimum age: 9 years. Adults cannot be responsible for more than one child
- Weight limit: Max. 120 kg
Remember your camera - Have a nice trip!