Oslo City Highlights - Guided Cycling Tour
Cycle the flat city center streets of Oslo exploring all the major highlights. Bike in a leisurely fashion past the castle of Akershus Festning, City Hall, Royal Palace, Oslo Fjord, and much more.
Explore Oslo like a local on this 3-hour bike tour of the major sights. Discover the parks, castle grounds, and paths of Oslo Fjord, and learn where to find the city’s best bars and restaurants from an expert guide.
What to Expect:
You depart from the centrally-located Viking Biking store in downtown Oslo, and cycle on comfortable hybrid bikes to the pedestrianized City Hall Square, site of the annual Nobel Peace Prize ceremony. Enjoy an easy ride along the car-free paths of Oslo Fjord, admiring sweeping views over the city's harbor, islands, and surrounding hills.
Continue to the Medieval and Renaissance castle of Akershus Festning, and climb off your bike for a brief walk along the ramparts. Then, ride down Karl Johans Gate, the most famous boulevard in Norway, visiting the Parliament, National Theater, University, and Royal Palace.
After a charming downhill ride through the Royal Palace gardens, cycle through the beautiful neo-classical neighborhood of Frogner, making your way to the world-famous Frogner Sculpture Park.
End with a long downhill ride to Oslo Fjord to visit a hidden jewel of a building built over the fjord. A final ride through the pedestrian shopping district of Aker Brygge brings you back to the Viking Biking store and the end of your tour.
What You'll Do:
- Bike the flat, city center of Oslo, traveling along car-free paths, parks and shopping districts
- Admire the views of the harbor, islands, and forested hills of Oslo Fjord
- Walk along the ramparts of the Medieval and Renaissance castle of Akershus Festning
- Visit the Royal Palace, home of the current Norwegian royal family
- Cycle through the neo-classical neighborhood of Frogner
- Explore the world-famous Frogner sculpture park
- Discover hidden city gems and learn where Oslo's best bars and restaurants are from a local guide
Good to know
- Meeting point: Nedre Slottsgate 4, Oslo. Please be there 15 minutes before booked time for registration and bike selection. After the tour guests are returned to the original departure point
- Included: A professional guide and use of a bike and helmet
- Age limits: Children from 7-12, Adults 13+
- The guide will provide safety instructions at the beginning of the tour
- Water, rain ponchos and maps are available for purchase at the shop
The leisurely tour is suitable for all fitness levels and ages, with plenty of stops for photos and visits of the main tourist attractions.