Fjord cruise Geiranger - Ålesund
- Fjord Cruises and Fjord Safari
Travel like a local and discover the traditional way to explore the fjords! This beautiful journey from Geiranger - Ålesund is around 60 km passing through three distinctive fjords and spectacular landscapes.
On the trip from Geiranger - Ålesund you travel on the The MS Geirangerfjord II catamaran. This boat has been specifically designed in Norway to enhance the fjord sightseeing experience. This vessel is the perfect size to cater for individuals and groups on the route between Geiranger and Ålesund.
The route & cruise experience
The boat makes stops along the route, so you can experience how people traditionally traveled to and from Geiranger before the development of the road network. A new and unique audio guide for this route, in Norwegian and English, has been locally written to gather the stories of the fjord farms and areas only accessible by boat.
The cruise takes about three hours one-way and you can enjoy a cup of coffee, light refreshments and great views while traveling from the ocean to the fjord.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Geiranger Fjordservice, see map HERE. Please be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time
- Duration: 3 hours
- Adults from 16 years, children from 5-15
- Children under 5 years are free of charge, but must be registered. You do the registration during the booking process
- There is a small kiosk onboard selling waffles, pizza, light refreshments, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Bring a jacket or warm clothes to stroll on around on the outside deck
- Audio guiding in 9 languages: NO, EN, DE, FR, ES, IT, JAP, KOR, Mandarin
Remember your camera - Have a nice trip!