- Family Friendly Activities
- Sightseeing and Guided Tours
Voss Gondola is the largest and most modern mountain gondola in Northern-Europe. A trip with the gondola gives you some amazing views and on Hangurstoppen you can parttake in a wide selection of exciting activities! The gondola is open all year, but during the winter season the gondola has reduced opening hours from 10:00 - 17:00. Always remember to check opening hours in advance!
Starting at Voss Station and ending at Hangurstoppen (820 metres above sea level), the new Voss Gondola will have 9 cabins with a capacity of 1069 passengers per hour. Voss Gondola will be replacing the old Hangursbanen cable car (Dinglo and Danglo), which has been out of service since 2015.
The new gondola rail in Voss is very stable, compared to gondolas that usually hang on a cable. The track has a free span of a whopping 900 meters from the lower station to the first mast!
At the top station there are areas for recreation and activities. During summer there is a myriad of adventures to be had. You can go hiking (both short and long hikes), biking or even paragliding. In winter, the ski resort is in focus, and you will get access to the many slopes right from the top station.
Facts about Voss Gondola
- Open daily. The gondola runs continuously throughout the day. For opening hours, see Voss Gondola. Please check the opening hours before you book your gondola ticket
- Lower station: 56 meters above sea level, top station: 820 meters above sea level
- Length: 2000 meters, capacity: 1069 passengers per hour
- Number of cabins: 9, capacity per cabin: 34 passengers
- One way trip: 6,48 minutes
- Restaurant capacity: 450 guests
Enjoy your trip to the heights!