Hordatun hotel is located in Røldal; known as a powder paradise with "the deepest snow in Europe", it's closeness to the Trolltunga hiking trail and Røldal Stave Church.
In the summer
- Røldal is an excellent base for several of Norway's most famous mountain hiking tours; The Pulpit Rock, Trolltunga and Hardangervidda are all accessible as a daytrip
- The Røldal area has a wide selection of walking tours in different terrain (available July-September depending on the year's snowfall). You will find more than 50 peaks with over 1000m altitude in the vicinity
- Røldal stave church is one of the few 28 stave churches in Norway still in use with regular religious services and is well worth a visit
- The National Tourist Routes Ryfylke and Hardanger is in the immediate vicinity
In the winter
- Downhill and freeride: The Røldal Skicenter is open from late November to early May
- Cross-country trails at Seljestad and Røldal center, as well as several hills for downhill sledding. Bar and after-ski w/live music
Approx driving time/distances: Stavanger 3,5h / Haugesund 2h / Bergen about 3h / 4,5h Kristiansand / Oslo 4,5h.
At Hordatun you will get a relaxed atmosphere in the room, by the fireplace, at the bar, or in our cozy restaurant.