Snowshoe hiking at Hanguren, Voss
- Dog Sledding and Snow Tours
Snowshoes allow you to wander easily through deep snow and enjoy the winter landscape. Take the ski lift to the top of Mount Hanguren and join in on a fun snowshoe hiking trip!
Stepping off the chairlift, we find ourselves within reach of some really lovely mountain terrain with excellent views of the area. This trip is a good way for you to get a real winter experience without using skis. A non-technical and family-friendly experience in the snow!
If you are the playful type, you’ll cherish the opportunity to play around in the snow, dig a cave, slide down small cliffs, climb trees or follow grouse tracks. During a typical day out, your guide will make sure you learn basic skills for safe travel in winter, introduce you to both nature and local culture and make sure you feel comfortable at all times.
Before the tour starts, your guide will help you gear up with proper clothes and snowshoeing equipment. We use the chair lift to reach the starting point of our snowshoeing trip, at the very top of mount Hanguren. The weather can be windy up here, so you’ll soon appreciate the extra layers of clothing.
During the hike, there will be break for lunch. You and your guide will build a bonfire and enjoy hot drinks and a bite to eat. We use the heat of the flames to prepare our meal. Here’s an opportunity for you to learn what it takes to make a bonfire of your own.
If the weather is bad, we’ll all join forces and build an improvised shelter to keep us dry and out of the wind. You'll find that the time spent around the bonfire provides a good opportunity for contemplation and leaving the civilized world behind for a few moments.
We return to the ski resort and use the chair lift to get back down. An exhilarating experience in itself! Return your equipment and use a free bus service to get back to Voss Centre.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Outside the ticket office at Voss Resort Bavallen at 10:15. Address: Voss Resort Fjellheisar, Bavallsvegen 227, 5710 Skulestadmo, see map HERE. If you need transport from Voss railway station, please inform about this in the booking process.
- Duration: 5 hours
- Please wear warm clothes on this trip, such as: Woolen thermals (long underwear), warm woolen socks, wind- and waterproof clothing (shell layer), warm, waterproof winter boots, beanie or knit cap, loves or mittens
- The price includes: An experienced guide during your trip, a light meal of locally crafted food, including hot drinks – prepared on a bonfire, snowshoes, ski poles, goggles, unlimited access to warm clothing such as mittens, beanies, woolen sweaters, woolen socks, all necessary safety equipment and lift tickets
- Participants are required to sign a risk and liability statement before the activity starts
On this tour we follow the Leave No Trace principles and make use of zero-emission infrastructure whenever possible. Your guide will share knowledge about local culture, sites we visit and local customs. Your guide will also advocate low-impact travel and raise the participants’ awareness of local wildlife.
Enjoy your tour!