Snowshoe hiking at Hanguren, Voss
Get a wild, active and personal snowshoeing experience at Voss! On this all-inclusive experience, you can explore the rich contrasts between the town, gondola, wildlife, forest, and mountain. You travel low-impact by gondola vertically to Hangurstoppen where you can find undisturbed peace around a cozy bonfire.
Snowshoes allow you to wander easily through deep snow and enjoy the winter landscape. If you are the playful type, you’ll cherish the opportunity to play around in the snow, dig a cave, slide down small cliffs, climb trees or follow grouse tracks.
You meet up with your guide outside Tre Brør Kafé and Bar near Voss town square. Your guide will help you gear up with proper clothes and snowshoeing equipment. We use the gondola to reach the starting point of the snowshoeing trip, at the very top of mount Hanguren. The Gondola trip is a great ride in a comfortable cabin with a panoramic view of Voss and the surrounding mountains. Stepping off the Voss Gondola, you find yourself within reach of some really lovely mountain terrain with excellent views of the area.
This trip is a good way for you to get a real winter experience without using skis. This is a non-technical and family-friendly experience in the snow. During a typical day out, your guide will make sure you learn basic skills for safe travel in winter, introduce you to both nature and local culture and make sure you feel comfortable at all times.
At the lunch spot for the day, we build a bonfire and enjoy hot drinks and a bite to eat. We use the heat of the flames to prepare our meal. Here’s an opportunity for you to learn what it takes to make a bonfire of your own. If the weather is bad, we’ll all join forces and build an improvised shelter to keep us dry and out of the wind. You'll find that the time spent around the bonfire provides a good opportunity for contemplation and leaving the civilized world behind for a few moments.
We return to the town center by the gondola after the trip.
Did you know?
As a participant on his trip you should know the following:
- We follow the Leave No Trace principles.
- We make use of zero-emission infrastructure whenever possible.
- This trip is done with snowshoes, causing no emissions and limiting the impact on nature and ecosystems.
- Your guide will share knowledge about local culture, sites we visit, and local customs.
- We support responsible local businesses.
- Your guide will advocate low-impact travel and raise the participants’ awareness of local wildlife.
- We abide by laws and regulations concerning travel in free nature and cultural landscape.
- We seek to minimize waste, and choose products and packaging with long life spans