Trolltunga Via Ferrata
Finally, the spectacular new Trolltunga Via Ferrata is here! Enjoy a guided tour filled with exciting activities and attractions. The tour combines mountain biking and hiking, as well as climbing the stunning Via Ferrata route to the famous Trolltunga!
This tour will overwhelm you with nature's beauty and get your heart beating with adrenaline as you scale the 250m wall to get to the ROCKstar; Trolltunga!
The guided Via Ferrata tour to Trolltunga includes biking along the beautiful Ringedalen lake, hiking up the amazing valley and climbing the Via Ferrata "ladder" to the Trolltunga Plateau, before reaching the world famous highlight Trolltunga!
The trip starts with a bicycle ride along the Ringedal lake. After about six kilometer on your bike you continue on a 500 meter hike upwards, which will bring you to the start of the new Trolltunga Via Ferrata route.
The Via Ferrata route is filled with impressive attractions and impressions! It might even bring some butterflys to your tummy! After completing the newly refurbished Via Ferrata route you hike 3 km before arriving at the spectacular Trolltunga. Get your camera ready and enjoy the amazing views!
- Meeting point at the Trolltunga Active store in Skjeggedal, ca 15 km drive from the center of Odda (Click here to see map)
- An experienced guide will be with you, climbing equipment and bike hire is included
- If there is only 1 participant booked on the tour, it will be canceled. The customer will then be informed of this matter in advance
- What to bring - on your body:
- Wool socks and woolen thermals
- Windjacket/pants recommended goretex
- Running gloves and cap
- Waterproof hikingboots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- A 40 liter backpack with:
- A beanie or hat that covers your ears
- Warm gloves/mittens
- Dry wool socks
- Extra warm clothes (Wool is recommended because it continues to keep you warm if you get wet)
- Food for 8-10 hours
- 1.5 liter water/drink
- Some snacks/chocolate
- This is an advanced tour with mountain biking, steep hiking and climbing, but there is no need for climbing experience. You will be able to go on this tour if you are in normal good shape and over 15 years of age. The return trip from Trolltunga is done on the normal tourist trail to and from Trolltunga
The weather in Norway can be a bit rough and its important that you are prepared according to the equipment list above. At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the hike, equipment needed, weather forecast and more.