Classic Trolltunga Hike
Join in on an epic hiking trip with guide to the majestic Trolltunga - one of Norway's most spectacular sight.
The hike starts in Skjeggedal, and you'll follow the path by foot to Mågelitopp. From Mågelitopp you'll have a stunning view of the Folgefonna national park, before the trip continues on towards Tyssebotn.
In Tyssebotn you'll find giant marmites, deep holes in the mountain made by sand and stone rotating in the now drought Tyssestrengene waterfall. This was the world's fifth tallest waterfall, before the power station was built.
The hike ends at the trips highlight - Trolltunga. A memorable nature attraction, with a stunning view of the Ringedal lake and the Folgefonna glacier.
Plus, standing on the edge should add some butterflies to your tummy.
Good to know
- Meeting point: The Trolltunga Active store in Skjeggedal (Click here to see map)
- Duration: 10 - 12 hours
- Total lenght 2x14 km, ascent 1000 m
- Suitable for people in normal good shape, age limit: 15 years
- Bring hiking clothes/shoes according to the forecasted weather
- Bring food for 10 hours, a 30-40 L. backpack, and some extra warm/change of clothes in your backpack
- Please note that the activity provider requires a minimum 2 participants or more to arrange this activity, please book one day in advance
- Please note that you have to arrange for your own transport from Odda to the starting point in Skjeggedal
- Additional information will be sent to you in your booking confirmation
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the hike, equipment needed, weather forecast and more.
Combine this activity with the Hardangerfjord in a nutshell & Rosendal tour!
We look forward to welcoming you on an incredible hiking experience!