Snowshoe hiking and Ægir Viking dinner in Flam
Come and experience the Norwegian winter on snowshoes! After an amazing trip to Stegastein viewpoint, you can enjoy a delicious dinner at Ægir Brewpub in Flåm!
This guided tour goes from Flåm to the amazing Stegastein viewpoint in Aurland. You and your guide will take a short ride by minibus to your starting point, where the real snowshoe hiking begins!
During the tour you can enjoy the amazing view and experience how it is to hike on these traditional snowshoes. Your guide will tell you about the unique local culture and nature, and hot beverages will be served during the hike.
After a fresh winter day outside, continue your evening in cozy surroundings at Ægir BrewPub. Relax in front of the tall fireplace and enjoy a 5 course Vikingplank dinner in the upstairs restaurant. The dinner includes smoked reindeer, shellfish, fish and shellfish soup, pork shank and dark chocolate ganache cake. You will be served 5 beers for your meal, one for each type of food. There is a Vikingplank menu for children with non-alcoholic beverage, and alcohol-free options available.
Good to know
- Meeting point: The Fjord Safari reception in Flåm inner harbour, see map here. Please be there at least 15.min prior to departure time booked
- Duration: Total 2,5 -3 hours where 1 - 1,5 hours are on snow shoes
- Included: Transportation, guided snowshoe hiking to Stegastein, snowshoe rental, hot beverages, Viking dinner in Flåm
- You will receive introductions on the use of snowshoes and on hike before the trip
- Important: Please dress warm as the temperatures on the mountain will be very low during the winter months
- Dinner is served in Ægir BrewPub after your hike between 18.00 – 20.00
- On the morning departure you can have dinner the evening before. Please infom us in advance if you want this
- Age requirement 18 years and above to be served alcohol
Enjoy your hike and Viking Dinner!