Hike to Trolltunga with snowshoes
Join in on a guided adventure to Trolltunga and experience Norway’s most spectacular attraction while blanketed in snow.
The hike starts in Skjeggedal, about 20 min drive from Odda, and you'll follow the path by foot to Mågelitopp. From Mågelitopp we switch to snowshoes. On snowshoes, up the mountain side to Gryteskar where we get a spectacular view towards the Folgefonna glacier. The trip continues towards Tyssebotn and Trolltunga.
The hike ends at Trolltunga, one of natures top attractions, with a stunning view of the Ringedal lake and the Folgefonna glacier. Plus, it should add some butterflies to your tummy!
This is a full day trip that takes approx. 8 to 12 hours. You need to bring your own food for a whole day, good clothes and hiking boots.
- Meeting point at the Trolltunga Active store in Skjeggedal (Click here to see map). Please be there at least 15 minutes before your starting time
- Duration: 10 - 12 hours
- Age limit: 15 years
- The price includes: Snowshoes, hiking poles and a professional nature guide
What should I bring?
- On your body:
- Wool socks and woolen thermals
- Windjacket/pants recommended goretex
- Running gloves, cap and good wintershoes.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen (the sun takes much more when you walk on snow compared to by the water)
- A 40 liter backpack with:
- Beanie/hat that covers your ears
- Warm gloves/mittens
- Dry wool socks
- Extra warm clothes (Use wool, it continues to keep you warm after you get wet)
- Food for 10-12 hours
- 1.5 liter water/drink
- Some snacks/chocolate
During winter the weather at Hardangervidda mountain plateau can be rough. Its important that you are prepared according to the equipment list, and prepare with training in forehand for a hike of 10-12 hours.
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the hike, equipment needed, weather forecast and more.
Combine this activity with the Hardangerfjord in a nutshell & Rosendal tour!