Glamping at Trolltunga
Hike to Trolltunga and spend the night in a dome! Experience the sunset and sunrise at Trolltunga - a beautiful, intense, magical and truly unique nature experience.
The view from Trolltunga as the sun disappears into orange painted clouds behind the Folgefonna glacier is a fantastic and magical experience. The following morning, wake up to the warm sun with Trolltunga almost completely for yourself. The sunset and sunrise at Trolltunga create an incredible and unique atmosphere.
The tour starts in Skjeggedal where you meet your guide for the day. When the necessary instructions have been provided and poles handed out, you take the shuttle bus up the 4 km long road to Mågelitopp. Together with your guide, you hike up the mountainside to Gryteskar where you get spectacular views towards the Folgefonna glacier before the trip continues towards Tyssebotn and Trolltunga.
Upon arrival at Trolltunga, you are ready to check out the dome and a delicious outdoor dinner is prepared. The dome is located at a good distance from the main trail, which makes for a quiet and off the beaten track experience. If the weather is on our side, you prepare for the sunset. Please be aware that the west part of Norway is a rainy region, so not every evening will bring the sunset. But clouds and fog can also create special moments.
After a good night's sleep in the dome, you wake up the next morning to the sunset with Trolltunga almost completely to yourself. The perfect backdrop for a truly memorable holiday experience., come and see for yourself!
- Meeting place and time: The Trolltunga Active Store in Skjeggedal at 11am, see map HERE
- Do you need transport to the starting point for the hike in Skjeggedal? Book Trolltunga Shuttle Bus HERE
- Total length: 2x14 km, ascent 1000 m
- The price includes transport from Skjeggedal to Mågeliptopp, dinner, breakfast, tent, sleeping bag, hiking poles, local snacks and a professional nature guide
- You have to be in normal good shape to go on this tour
- This activity must be booked 7 days in advance
- If there is only 1 participant booked on the tour, it will be canceled. The customer will then be informed of this matter in advance
- Age limit: 15 years
What should I bring?
- A 40 liter backpack with:
- beanie/hat that covers your ears
- Warm gloves/mittens
- Dry wool socks
- 1 set for change of clothes
- Some extra warm cloths (mainly wool, this is because wool continues to keep you warm after you get wet)
- 2 lunches
- 1.5 liter water/drink, some snacks/chocolate
- On your body:
- Wool socks and woolen thermals
- Windjacket/pants, goretex is recommended
- Running gloves and a cap
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
The weather at Hardangervidda mountain plateau can be rough. Its important that you are prepared according to the equipment list, and prepare with training beforehand for a hike of 10-12 hours.
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the hike, equipment needed, weather forecast, and more.
See a video of the experience HERE and have a nice trip!