Guided kayaking trip in Bergen
Join us on a kayaking trip in fantastic surroundings. We paddle between islands, reefs and rocks in the bay where Herdlefjord meets Hjeltefjord. Pick-up in Bergen included.
Bergen is often referred to as the gateway to Fjord Norway, but it is also Norway’s second largest city. Therefore, in order to connect guests to activities outside of the city, we have arranged private transportation, directly from the most central and popular location in Bergen.
Our dedicated bus picks up guests and transports them to our base on Herdla- the starting point for Guided Kayak Tour. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and includes a narrated video about the area and upcoming activities.
Upon arrival, you will suit up and be given a safety briefing and instruction before taking to the water for a 3-hour guided tour. During the trip, you will experience the peace of this coastal fjord landscape first hand.
We will pass secluded bird reserve areas hosting more than 240 bird species (including eagles) as well as the protected cultural heritage relics of the Second World War. Our experienced guides weave historical and cultural highlights into the trip, creating an experience not soon forgotten. During our break for lunch, guests may get possibly to explore some of the old ruins.
- Meeting point: The Strandkaien Terminal, between the Norled Terminal and the Tourist Information. SEE MAP HERE.
Look for a minibus, please be there at least 10 min before departure
- Duration: 6h, 30min
- The price includes transport, lunch, kayak, personal flotation device, paddles, dry/wet-suit, spray skirt and a dry bag
- Minimum age: 7 years
- If cold weather, bring extra clothes such as beanie, wool underwear etc.
- Signing a safety waiver is required before departure
- All participants must be able to swim and weigh no more than 125 kg (275 lbs)
- We use certified guides who give safety briefing and instruction prior to departure
- Use of alcohol or drugs are not permitted before or during the trip
- If the trip is cancelled due to bad weather (strong winds), you will be offered to rebook your trip
Be sure to bring your camera!