Kayak & Hike to Skageflå Farm in Geiranger
- Water Adventures
- Fjord Adventures
- Mountain & Glaciers
Join in on an exciting kayak trip, where you will get up close to the majestic Geirangerfjord and one of the most famous mountain farms in Norway, Skageflå Fjellgård.
On this trip you will get close to the remote, abandoned fjord farm Skageflå. The farm is located on a mountain ledge over the Geirangerfjord with panoramic views of the world heritage site and the famous waterfalls "The Seven Sisters". The farm has a unique location and a very interesting history.
Together with your guide, you paddle calmly out on the fjord and lead you to a remote, abandoned fjord farm called Skageflå, one of the most famous farms in the fjord.
You paddle along the fjord until you reach a small bay where you leave the kayaks and the gear. From her you start the scenic hike to Skageflå that is 250 m above the sea level. The hike is short, but steep, so it’s a good idea to put on shoes (not sandals) before the tour.
You will get many opportunities to see the majestic waterfalls such as "The Seven Sisters" and "The Suitor” so keep your camera close to capture the stunning scenery! After a short break at the farm you go down to the kayaks and paddle back to the Kayak Center. The guide takes good care of you at all times during the tour and provides you with facts and stories about the Geirangerfjord and its surroundings.
- Meeting Place: Geiranger Tourist Information, see map HERE. Meet up 15 minutes before departure time
- Included: Experienced guide, safety and emergency equipment, instruction in paddle technique and safety information, high quality kayak equipment (life jacket, spray skirt, paddle)
- You paddle in small groups – a maximum of 10 people per guide
- Please bring waterproof clothing and footwear, lunch, a change of clothes and snacks. If it’s warm, bring sun cream and a bottle of water
- Hiking to farm part of trail exposed but safe, just not ideal for guest with trouble on height’s
- Minimum age: 10 years and accompanied by an adult
Welcome to a memorable kayak tour in Geiranger!