Norwegian Nature Centre Hardanger
The Norwegian Nature Centre Hardanger is an exciting experience centre for Norwegian nature, climate and environment with interactive stations, innovative teaching technologies and modern design. By looking, feeling, listening and learning you yourself will become an active and creative part of the center´s story about the natural and cultural history of Norway.
An extraordinary experience
The Norwegian Nature Centre Hardanger is an exciting experience centre for Norwegian nature, climate and environment with interactive stations, innovative teaching technologies and modern design.
On a joureny through time of the history of Norway starting 2,9 billion years ago and up until today, you can explore Norwegian nature, climate and environment. By looking, feeling, listening and learning you yourself will become an active and creative part of our story about the natural and cultural history of Norway.
The Norwegian Nature Centre provides you with knowledge and experience about geology, landscape, flora and fauna, climate and weather and the interaction between nature, human, culture and environment. We promise an exciting, fun and educational visit and an extraordinary experience for all ages!
Explore the diverse beauty Norwegian nature has to offer
In the exhibitions, you can explore the climate, nature and wildlife at Hardangervidda through time:
- Join our 225 degree panoramic film «Fjord, mountains and waterfalls» by Ivo Caprino. A fantastic experience between high mountains and deep fjords with thrilling helicopter dives over steep cliffs and mighty waterfalls as well as quiet, poetic scenes between mountain lakes, glaciers and reindeer accompanied by an original soundtrack
- Explore the dramatic forces that shaped the Norwegian landscape
- Find out how crystals grow and what minerals in types of stones are
- Meet the mountain trout in our aquariums and explore modern interactive stations, models, illustrations and video projections of wildlife
- Test your hunting abilities in our modern hunting simulator
- Take a closer look at how people have settled and provided for themselves in Norway over time by using nature’s ressources from fjord to mountain. From the first reindeer hunter until today’s modern Norwegian
- Get inspired and carried away by a multimedia experience in our art and nature theatre with beautiful scenes created by the interaciton of the art of painting, nature and music
- Explore the rich flora and fauna of Hardangervidda and broaden your knowledge about weather, climate and climate change
The Norwegian Nature Centre Hardanger is an authorized national park visitor centre where you can find information about Norway’s national parks in general and Hardangervidda national park in particular. In this section you can also test your knowledge about Norwegian nature and see if you qualify as a «Norwegian nature expert».
- Nature is best admired when it is understood -