Rafting in Valldal
Try out white water rafting in spectacular fjord landscape! A refreshing and action-packed outdoor adventure in incredible settings.
Rafting in Valldal is perfect for most visitors, beginners and experienced rafters alike.The Valldøla river (Grade 2 - 3+) flows through natural surroundings with high mountains around and ends up down by the beautiful Norddalsfjord.
Exciting rapids are spread out along the entire length of the 11km long Valldøla river. The trip takes about 4 hours base to base and consists of about 1.5 – 2 hours on the river. An experienced guide will be with you in the raft.
There are no skills required for the trip, besides being able to swim and not being afraid of water.
Good to know
- Meeting Place: At Valldal Naturopplevingar's office in the heart of Valldal village, at the pier by the ferry. The address is Tafjordvegen 7, 6210 Valldal
- Transport from meeting place to starting-point and a small lunch is included
- Bring long wool underwear to wear under your wetsuit for warmth and comfort on cooler days
- Bring a towel and warm change of clothes for use after the trip
- The rafting tour ends down by the fjord, just beside our office.
- It`s possible to buy a warm and good lunch after the tour with our partner, the cafè "Under Taket"
- Age limit: 15 years
Guest safety is our highest priority. Therefore, a trip-leader leads each trip, with at least 2 years’ experience on the Valldøla river and valid international whitewater rescue technician 3 safety course.
All rafting guides must have completed a guide course, 10-20 training trips on the Valldøla river with an experienced guide, and a completed a first aid course in order to be a guide. All necessary safety instructions will been given before the tour starts.
How to get to Valldal
Valldal is located in Møre og Romsdal on the National Tourist Route between Trollstigen and Geiranger. It is a short distance by car from Geiranger, approx. 30 km. and from Ålesund and approx. 80 km from Molde. There is a bus service from Geiranger (Bus 220), Ålesund (Bus 100/210) and Molde (Bus 100/210) to Valldal. You can plan your bus trip here: www.frammr.no. If you have trouble finding out or need help, contact Valldal Naturopplevingar.
Welcome to a fun and exciting day in the Valldøla River!