Information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
On this page we will provide you with important and useful information in regards to the Coronavirus.
Guidelines on travel to Norway implemented by the Norwegian Government
Updated August 27th, 2020
Travelers from countries in EU/EEA/Schengen are now welcome to travel to Norway. Please note that there are some restrictions:
- Please see an updated MAP for the current transmission situation.
- Travelers from countries with sufficiently low transmission marked as "yellow" are exempted from quarantine upon arrival in Norway.
- If you arrive in Norway from a "red" area, you need to be in quarantine for 10 days.
- Note that the MAP for the current transmission situation will be updated continuously as new information is received and the Norwegian Institute of Public Health evaluates the situation.
- Guidelines and travel advice are subject to change, based on the transmission situation nationally and abroad. Measures to counter the virus may include testing stations at airports and travel ports, so be prepared to follow instructions and guidelines from travel providers and authorities upon entry into the country.
- Find more information about border opening for regions and countries in Europe, as well as travel advice for visitors to Norway on The Norwegian Institute of Public Healths Information Page.
Customer Support - Coronavirus
The restrictions and measures introduced by the Norwegian Government will influence Fjord Tours' operations. We will unfortunately not have as many in-house resources available as we normally have, which might affect our answer times, customer support, and general availability.
WE KINDLY URGE YOU TO CONTACT US VIA E-MAIL AND NOT BY PHONE. REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER AND TRAVEL DATE.
You can contact us by e-mail on email@example.com or via the Contact Submission Form on our Customer Support Page.
If you are one of the many travelers that are unable to complete your tour to Norway, we urge you to take advantage of our Voucher Deal! By registering for our Voucher Deal you can postpone your tour and receive a 10% bonus on top of the amount you have already spent! We will also provide you with a FREE Fjord Pass® and you will avoid all change and cancellation fees.
Cancellations in conjunction with the Coronavirus
Including the Voucher Deal, the following measures have been applied:
- Free cancellations for all* new bookings made in the period of May 1 - December 31, 2020. If you wish to cancel a tour it must be done at the latest 10 days before travel in the period July 1st - September 30th. From September 30th - December 31st the cancelation period will be 20 days before travel. These details are also specified in our Terms & Conditions for Tours
- Note that there may be different Terms & Conditions for Activity Bookings, please see details HERE
- *Special Terms & Conditions for tours incl. the Hurtigruten Coastal Voyage and Northern Lights apply, please see details HERE
Due to the extraordinary circumstances, a lot of Agents have had to cancel tours for their customers. We know that the majority of you would rather rebook for a later time!
As one of our core values is «trustworthiness», we are currently using all our efforts to process cancellations and refunds. This means that we simply do not have the capacity to rebook tours at this time.
Our solution is as follows:
- If you want to rebook a tour for a later time we will, of course, waive the cancellation fee!
- You can rebook a tour for travel either in 2020 or 2021
How to do this:
- Cancel the tour in line with our standard cancellation policy
- Book a new tour on our website
- Send us the reference number of your original booking (the tour you had to cancel), together with the reference number of your new booking
- The cancellation fee for your original tour will be refunded to your account
- Please note: Special Terms & Conditions for tours incl. the Hurtigruten Coastal Voyage applies, see details HERE
We hope that this can be a good solution for all parties and look forward to receiving your new tour booking!
Canceled Tours due to Travel Advice and Restrictions
Because of the current extraordinary situation, some of our round trips will be canceled this year, while others will have a shorter or different season. You will find this information on each tour page.
What happens next?
It is extremely difficult to predict how the Coronavirus situation will continue, both internationally and nationally. But you can be assured that we are monitoring the situation closely and will provide any updates here as soon as we receive them.
For general information, please visit one of these resources:
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
If you have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) while traveling in Norway, please call the national information telephone at (+47) 815 55 015.
- If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain, and breathing difficulties while staying in Norway, you can call the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at 116 117 for guidance and assistance.
- Domestic transport is to continue as normally as possible for the moment, but avoid all kinds of travel that are not strictly necessary
- Avoid public transport if you can
- Avoid other places where you can easily get close to others
- Avoid close contact with others
With Fjord Tours, you will always be able to experience the essence of Norway in a green and sustainable manner.