Information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
On this page, we will provide you with information in regards to the Coronavirus. This includes information about canceled tours, cancellation policies, quarantine measures, travel bans, our availability, customer support, and general updates.
Canceled tours due to travel bans and restrictions
Due to the Corona-virus (Covid-19), the Norwegian health authorities have implemented strict bans on travel to and inside our country from Saturday 14 March until Tuesday 14 April 2020.
Because of the current extraordinary situation, the Norway in a nutshell® tour will not be operating in the period from Saturday 14 March until Sunday 26 April 2020.
Bans on travel to and inside the country implemented by the Norwegian Government
From Thursday 12 March until Wednesday 15 April 2020, the following rules on travel to and inside the country will apply:
- All residents of Norway who have been outside of the Nordic countries, are to stay in their homes for 14 days after arriving home to Norway, regardless of whether they have symptoms of the Coronavirus
- Travelers from countries outside of Norway (who are not residents) will be asked to return to their home country. The alternative for these travelers is quarantine. Travelers with symptoms will be isolated
- In effect this means that everyone presently staying in Norway and who has been in a country outside of the Nordic region in the past 14 days is to be quarantined
Information on what happens after the 15th of April will be given by the Norwegian Government on Wednesday 8 April. We will update this page accordingly.
Customer Support - Coronavirus
The recent restrictions and quarantine measures introduced by the Norwegian Government will influence Fjord Tours' operations. We will unfortunately not have as many in-house resources available as we normally have, which might affect our answer times, customer support and general availability.
WE KINDLY URGE YOU TO CONTACT US VIA E-MAIL AND NOT BY PHONE. REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER AND TRAVEL DATE.
You can contact us by e-mail on email@example.com or via the Contact Submission Form on our Customer Support Page.
Please note that our office will be closed for Easter from Wednesday, April 8, 12:00 - Tuesday, April 14, 08.00.
Cancellations in conjunction with the Coronavirus
We know that a lot of our travelers are looking forward to coming to Norway but may now be forced to cancel their tours. To lessen the disappointment of having to cancel vacations and trips, Fjord Tours has taken the following measures:
- Free cancellations for all tours taking place between March 12 and April 20
- From April 21, normal Terms & Conditions for Tours will apply
- Note that there may be different Terms & Conditions for Activity Bookings, please see details HERE
- Special Terms & Conditions for tours incl. the Hurtigruten Coastal Voyage applies, see details HERE
We urge you to have patience with us in regards to changes and cancellations. Our booking department is currently working remotely and have a big workload and a lot of cancellations and changes to apply to our bookings.
Rebooking your tour
Due to these extraordinary circumstances, a lot of you will have had to cancel your tours. But we know that the majority of you would rather rebook for a later time!
As one of our core values is «trustworthiness», we are currently using all our efforts to process cancellations and refunds. This means that we simply do not have the capacity to rebook tours at this time.
Our solution is as follows:
- If you want to rebook your tour for a later time we will, of course, waive the cancellation fee!
- You can rebook your tour for travel either in 2020 or 2021
How to do this:
- Cancel your tour in line with our standard cancellation policy
- Book a new tour on our website
- Send us the reference number of your original booking (the tour you had to cancel), together with the reference number of your new booking
- The cancellation fee for your original tour will be refunded to your account
- (Please note: Special Terms & Conditions for tours incl. the Hurtigruten Coastal Voyage applies, see details HERE)
We hope that this can be a good solution for all parties and look forward to receiving your new tour booking!
What happens next?
It is extremely difficult to predict how this will play out, both internationally and nationally. But you can be assured that we are monitoring the situation closely and will provide any updates here as soon as we receive them.
For general information, please visit one of these resources:
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
If you have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) while traveling in Norway, please call the national information telephone at (+47) 815 55 015.
- If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain, and breathing difficulties, please stay in your hotel room and contact guest service by telephone or call the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at 116 117 for guidance and assistance.
- Domestic transport is to continue as normally as possible for the moment, but avoid all kinds of travel that are not strictly necessary
- Avoid public transport if you can
- Avoid other places where you can easily get close to others
- Avoid close contact with others
When this is all over...
We are terribly sorry that we will not be able to welcome you to our beautiful country at the current time. But please remember there is a reason why you decided to come and that Fjord Tours will be here when you decide to return!
Norway will still be able to offer spectacular fjord landscapes, mighty mountains, fascinating cities, culinary delights, and welcoming inhabitants. We will still offer amazing tours all over Norway, both summer and winter. Our activities alone are worth coming back for and our hotels will provide a much-deserved break in a changing world.
With Fjord Tours, you will always be able to experience the essence of Norway in a green and sustainable manner.