Dog sledding in Røros
- Dog Sledding and Snow Tours
Join in on a unique dog sled ride in magical surroundings in the UNESCO site Røros! Drive your own dog sleigh and experience a fantastic togetherness with the dogs in beautiful and untouched nature!
Just outside Røros, you can join in on a fantastic dog sled ride. After you have been transported from the center to the dog farm, you will join smaller groups of up to 4 guests at the same time pr. trip.
On the ride, you will have a total experience, where you get close to the dogs and the stunning nature around Røros. You drive your own dog team with 4-5 dogs and get to feel the special interaction with the dogs, in beautiful surroundings. Persons from the age of 14 can drive their own sleigh, while smaller children are welcome to sit in the sleigh during the ride.
From September 1, it is possible to join cart rides, with 4 guests per trip. The route goes on dirt roads and trails through "setervoller" in Erlidalen. (seasonal farm for livestock farming in the mountains unique for Norway). The temperature must be under + 10 degrees, otherwise, it will be too warm for the dogs to run.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Røros Tourist Information. See map HERE
- Duration: 2,5 hours including transport and introduction to sleigh riding. 1 hour on the sleigh, several daily departures
- Adults from 14 years, children 4-13 years
- The price includes: Transport, an experienced guide and 1 hour sleigh ride
- Clothes: Due to the recommended national measures against infection in connection Covid-19, there will be no opportunity to lend clothes and shoes. It is therefore very important that you make sure to bring warm clothes and shoes, hats and gloves
- All participants must sign a document agreeing to drive at their own risk
- Minimum age: 4 years
Welcome to a unique and magical ride!