Dog sledding in Lyngsfjord, Tromsø
Enjoy a dog sledding trip into white landscapes, through beautiful wilderness. After your trip you can relax with a hot meal served in the traditional Sami herdsmen’s tent- lavvu!
The area where you lead the sled is totally uninhabited, with mountains and forest landscape. Out in the wild, these dogs are in their right environment.
Your dog sledding adventure starts with meeting the dogs and preparing for the trip. Say hello to a bunch of barking huskies that are ready for action (but still very friendly). You will get instructions on how to drive a dog sledding team.
Then you drive the dog sled by yourself into the white landscapes, through the beautiful Vass Valley. The trails you follow have a total distance of approximately 15 km. The area where you lead the sled is totally uninhabited, with mountains and forest landscape.
You will be driving in pairs, one driver and one passenger on each sled, with opportunity to switch places half way. At the end of your trail you will return to Camp Tamok where you will be served a hot meal in a lavvu (Sami herdsmen’s tent).
Good to know
- Available as a whole or half day trip with departures at 09:00-16:00 and 17:00-23:59
- A hot meal is included, vegetarian food will be provided if notice in advance is given
- Transportation by bus/minibus
- Meeting point is outside the Scandic Ishavshotel by the Harbour in Tromso town centre
- Insulated body suit, boots, gloves, headwear, and head lamps are provided on evening trips
- English-speaking guide
- Wear warm under garments (wool or fleece is recommended)
- The trip is suitable for everyone, but somewhat physically demanding. Children from age 4
Go dog sledding in Tromsø during the Northern Lights & Norway in a nutshell® tour!