Dog Sledding in Lyngsfjord, Tromsø
- Family Fun
- Dog Sledding
Enjoy a dog sledding trip into white landscapes, through beautiful wilderness. After your trip you can relax with a hot meal served in the traditional Sami herdsmen’s tent- lavvu!
The area where you lead the sled is totally uninhabited, with mountains and forest landscape. Out in the wild, these dogs are in their right environment.
Your dog sledding adventure starts with meeting the dogs and preparing for the trip. Say hello to a bunch of barking huskies that are ready for action (but still very friendly). You will get instructions on how to drive a dog sledding team.
Then you drive the dog sled by yourself into the white landscapes, through the beautiful Vass Valley. The trails you follow have a total distance of approximately 15 km. The area where you lead the sled is totally uninhabited, with mountains and forest landscape.
You will be driving in pairs, one driver and one passenger on each sled, with the opportunity to switch places halfway. At the end of your trail you will return to Camp Tamok where you will be served a hot meal in a lavvu (Sami herdsmen’s tent).
- Meeting point is by the Magic Ice Bar in Tromsø, Kaigata 4, see map HERE. Meet 15 minutes before departure
- A hot meal is included, vegetarian food will be provided if notice in advance is given. If no notice is given in beforehand due to the vegetarian option the customer must make a payment of NOK 150 on the spot
- Transportation by bus/minibus, 75 min.each way
- Insulated bodysuits, boots, gloves, and headwear are included. In addition, headlamps are provided on evening trips
- English-speaking guide included
- Wear warm undergarments (wool or fleece is recommended)
- The trip is suitable for everyone but somewhat physically demanding. Not suitable for pregnant women