Fjord Cruise Bergen - Mostraumen
Experience fjords, mountains and stunning waterfalls by taking a fjord cruise to Mostraumen from Bergen. The cruise is available all year round!
The cruise starts from Zachariasbryggen, right next to the well-known Fish Market in Bergen. On the way from Bergen you will have a good view of the famous Bryggen, the old city of Bergen along with the rest of Bergen's harbour basin.
Note: This activity has a 20% discount from January to March!
After leaving Bergen we reach the Nordhordaland Bridge (or Nordhordalandsbrua) and the Osterfjord. Towards Mostraumen the fjord gets more narrow and you are surrounded by steep mountains. We sail past several waterfalls, and if you are lucky, we will try to collect a sample of the fresh mountain water for you to taste!
There is an abundance of wildlife in the area, and we can often see seals, goats and eagles!
All year. The fjord is always open! The trip is memorable regardless of weather and season. On days when ice on the fjord provides reduced accessibility, an alternative route will be run. The crew on board will adapt the trip in the best possible way so that you will still experience fjords, beautiful mountains and stunning winter scenery.
Good to know
- Duration: 3 hours
- Round trip Bergen - Mostraumen - Bergen
- Departure/Starting point: From Zachariasbryggen by the Fish Market.
- The boat is a modern catamaran with a big sun deck
- Disability access and you can bring a stroller
- The kiosk on board sells beverages, snacks and small dishes
- Audio guiding in several languages
- Additional departures at 18:00 on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays in July and August
- See a map of the travel route by clicking HERE