Trolltunga Sunrise & Sunset trip
Hike to Trolltunga and spend the night in a tent! Experience the sunset and sunrise at Trolltunga - a beautiful, intense, magical and truly unique nature experience.
The view from Trolltunga as the sun disappeares into orange painted clouds behind the Folgefonna glacier is a fantastic and magical experience. The following morning, wake up to the warm sun with Trolltunga almost completely for yourself. The sunset and sunrise at Trolltunga creates an incredible and unique atmosphere.
This tour starts with a hike from Skjeggedal and you'll follow the path by foot to Mågelitopp. From Mågelitopp up the mountain side to Gryteskar you get spectacular views towards the Folgefonna glacier, before the trip continues towards Tyssebotn and Trolltunga.
Upon arrival at Trolltunga, the tents are set up and a delicious outdoor dinner is prepared. If the weather is on our side, we prepare for the sunset. Please be aware that the west part of Norway is a rainy region, so not every evening will bring the sunset. But clouds and fog can also create special moments! Plus some butterflies to your tummy.
Good to know
- Meeting place and time: The Trolltunga Active Store in Skjeggedal at 10:00
- Duration: Approx. 26 hours
- Age limit: 15 years
- Total length: 2x11 km, ascent 1000 m
- The price includes dinner, breakfast, tent, sleeping bag, hiking poles, local snacks and a professional nature guide
- You have to be in normal good shape to go on this tour
- This activity must be booked 7 days in advance
What should I bring?
- A 40 liter backpack with:
- beanie/hat that covers your ears
- Warm gloves/mittens
- Dry wool socks
- 1 set for change of clothes
- Some extra warm cloths (mainly wool, this is because wool continues to keep you warm after you get wet)
- 2 lunches
- 1.5 liter water/drink, some snacks/chocolate
- On your body:
- Wool socks and woolen thermals
- Windjacket/pants, goretex is recommended
- Running gloves and a cap
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
The weather at Hardangervidda mountain plateau can be rough. Its important that you are prepared according to the equipment list, and prepare with training beforehand for a hike of 10-12 hours.
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the hike, equipment needed, weather forecast and more.
See a video of the experience HERE and have a nice trip!