Kayaking trip in Bergen
- Water Adventures
Join in on a kayaking trip in fantastic surroundings in Herdla, just outside of Bergen. Here you will paddle between islands, reefs and rocks in the bay where the Herdlefjord meets Hjeltefjord. Pick-up in Bergen included.
Bergen is often referred to as the gateway to Fjord Norway, but it is also Norway’s second-largest city. Therefore, in order to connect guests to activities outside of the city, we have arranged private transportation, directly from the most central and popular location in Bergen.
A dedicated bus will pick you up to transport you to Herdla, the starting point for the guided kayaking tour. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and includes a narrated video about the area and upcoming activities.
Upon arrival, you will suit up and be given a safety briefing and instruction before taking to the water for a 3-hour guided tour. During the trip, you will experience the peace of this coastal fjord landscape at first hand.
You will pass secluded bird reserve areas hosting more than 240 bird species (including eagles) as well as the protected cultural heritage relics of the Second World War. An experienced guide will weave historical and cultural highlights into the trip, creating an experience not soon forgotten. While enjoying your included lunch, you may also get a chance to explore some of the old ruins.
- Meeting point: The Strandkaien Terminal, between the Norled Terminal and the Tourist Information. SEE MAP HERE.
Look for a minibus, please be there at least 10 min before departure
- The price includes transport, lunch, kayak, personal flotation device, paddles, dry/wet-suit, spray skirt and a dry bag
- If cold weather, bring extra clothes such as beanie, wool underwear etc.
- All participants must be able to swim and weigh no more than 125 kg (275 lbs)
- If the trip is canceled due to bad weather or strong winds, you will be offered to rebook your trip
Be sure to bring your camera!