Half Day Kayak Tour in Gudvangen
Join in on a kayak tour on the magical Nærøyfjord and enjoy the silence and the magnificent nature surrounding you on a guided tour from Gudvangen!
This tour is perfect for families with smaller children, people with limited time in Gudvangen, or for those that simply do not wish to go on a full-day tour.
Before you start the tour, your guide will provide you with top-quality gear. You can choose between single and double kayaks, and your guides provide paddle instruction prior to the tour and while you are on the water.
The tour starts from the kayak center in Gudvangen, and together with your guide, you paddle calmly out on the narrow UNESCO fjord surrounding mighty mountains and impressive waterfalls. While paddling, you get a beautiful view of small mountain farms, and if you are lucky you can see goats relaxing by the fjord and seals playing on the rocks.
Midway on the tour, your guide will find a nice place to stop for lunch. It is nice to get a chance to relax and enjoy the surrounding scenery and get served some stories about the daily life in and around the fjord. Is there anything better than a delicious meal out in untouched and beautiful nature?
The paddle time on the fjord is typically about 2h.30 min in total, roughly 8 - 10 km in paddle distance. After some great hours on the fjord, filled with activity and impressions, it's time to head back to Gudvangen again, maybe a little tired, but guaranteed happy!
- Meeting place: The Sea Kayaking Center in Gudvangen, see map HERE
- Please bring: A sun cap or beanie hat, a water bottle, a warm top or fleece jacket on cold days (paddle jacket provided), shorts or long underwear (wetsuit provided when needed)
- The guide will supply waterproof storage boxes for use on the kayak
- You can safely leave your luggage at the base in Gudvangen while you are out on the tour
- You can choose options for lunch (vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free diets). Provide information in the booking process
- Age: Children: 5 - 15 years. Adults: From 16 years
Have a nice trip!