Terms and Conditions - Tours
Read more about the terms and conditions that applies when booking a tour with us online or from an agent or sales outlet in Norway or abroad.
Tours booked on the Internet:
It is not possible to change bookings made on the Internet and tickets for trips and activities and products bought together with trips are non-refundable.
Please ensure that you have valid travel insurance that covers your loss if any incidents should occur that prevent you from making use of your tickets and taking the trip you have booked. As a service to you, we offer cancellation protection which you may purchase together with your trip. Read more about the cancellation protection here.
Tickets bought from an agent or sales outlet outside of Norway:
For tours purchased outside Norway please refer to the agent's conditions and the regulations of the country in question.
Tickets bought from an agent or sales outlet in Norway:
Who is liable?
- The technical agent is Fjord Tours AS.
- The sales outlet is responsible for providing you with the necessary travel documents and for informing you about any material changes relating to your booking.
- You are personally responsible for bringing all your travel documents and for checking that the details and information supplied are correct and in accordance with your booking.
When can you book?
You can book tours at NSB railway stations at any time up until the time of the train’s departure subject to availability on trains and capacity at relevant sub-contractors.
When does your booking become binding?
Your booking becomes binding as soon as it has been confirmed, verbally or in writing, by the vendor. These terms and conditions will apply from that time, irrespective of whether or not you have paid for the holiday/tour.
How do you pay?
Bookings made at NSB railway stations must be paid for in cash or by credit card.
What happens if you do not pay on time?
If payment for a tour is not received by the agreed deadline, the tour will be cancelled automatically and you may be liable to pay in accordance with the cancellation provisions of NSB/Fjord Tours AS and any other relevant suppliers.
What happens if you wish to cancel?
Cancellations can be made by contacting the sales outlet.
- Daytrips and tours excluding accommodation: If daytrips or tours that do not include accommodation are cancelled at least one day prior to departure, you will receive a refund for unused tickets equal to 75% of the purchase price. No refunds will be made for trips cancelled later than one day prior to departure. A handling fee of NOK 40 will be charged. Partly used tickets will not be refunded.
- Tours that include the Hurtigruten coastal express: Cancellations of Hurtigruten trips with departure dates between 16 September and 15 April are non-refundable if the cancellation is made later than 7 days prior to departure (excluding cancellation insurance).
- Hotel packages (packages which cover hotel and tour tickets): Cancellations made up to 14 days prior to departure are fully refundable (excluding cancellation insurance). For cancellations made between 14 and 4 days prior to departure, 50% of the price will be refunded. Cancellations made later than 4 days prior to departure are non-refundable; this also applies if you fail to turn up at the agreed departure time or if you fail to provide all the necessary travel documents.
What happens if you become ill?
If you take out cancellation protection when booking your tickets, you have the right to cancel the journey free of charge, with a deduction for the cancellation protection. The cancellation protection gives you the right to cancel the trip in the event of sudden and serious illness, accidental injury or a death in your own household or immediate family, which prevents you or makes it unreasonable for you to carry out the trip. The circumstances must be documented by a medical certificate, submitted on a form approved by Lægeforeningen (the Norwegian Medical Association) and Den Norske Reisebransjeforening (the Norwegian Travel Association).
The right to cancel a trip also applies if another member of your party is prevented from travelling and it is therefore unreasonable to expect that you complete the journey unaccompanied by the person in question. The reason for the cancellation must be documented and submitted no later than one month after the circumstances occurred. If the price of your holiday is based on two or more people sharing the same room, cabin or apartment, the cancellation protection will cover any surcharge that would otherwise arise as a result of you not being able to undertake the journey.
Cancellation protection also covers events of a sudden and serious nature that you did not know about nor should have known about when entering into the agreement, thus making it unreasonable to insist that you use the tickets. Examples of such circumstances might include serious damage to property. Such circumstances must be documented, by, e.g. a police report or a certificate from an insurance company.
What happens if something goes wrong?
Fjord Tours AS may cancel a trip due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its control, such as natural disasters, industrial disputes or other events that make it difficult or inadvisable to proceed with the trip (force majeure).
If an incident occurs during your holiday, you must inform the sales outlet or our Customer Service Centre on tel. 815 68 222 as soon as possible to enable us to rectify any problem. If you fail to inform us or the sales outlet, you may lose the right to lodge a complaint. If you wish to claim compensation, you should inform the sales outlet or NSB’s Service Centre (tel. +47 23 15 19 80, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) as quickly as possible.
What if we fail to reach agreement?
If we are unable to reach agreement, you can contact Reklamasjonsnemda for Pakketurer (complaints commission for package holidays) within 4 weeks of obtaining a final reply from NSB/Fjord Tours AS. Tel (+47) 22 54 60 02 from 09.00 to 11.00.
The times, prices and terms in our brochure and internet pages are subject to changes during the period of validity.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information is correct but typographical errors etc. may still occur.