Flåm Zipline & Bike tour
Enjoy an exciting zipline tour through wild and beautiful nature on the Flåm Zipline, followed by a relaxing bike ride through the Flåm Valley. And by the way, the Flåm Zipline is the longest zipline in Scandinavia!
Ziplines are a longstanding tradition in the Flåm valley. The ziplines ('løypestreng') were primarily used to transport goods, timber, hay, milk barrels and even animals from mountain farms and rocky outcrops.
Flåm Zipline is the longest Zipline in the Nordic region, 1381m long. The maximum speed is approx. 100 km/h with a height difference of 305 metres, so this will be a raw experience for everyone!
The Zipline starts at Vatnahalsen, just off the Bergen railway and ends up in Kårdalen close to the Rallarrosa Cheese Farm, in the upper part of the Flåm valley.
Your adrenalin will still be pumping when you arrive at Rallarrosa Cheese Farm.
Spend some time at the farm and unwind with some great cheeses, light meals and drinks, before picking up your bike and head down to Flåm on a bike ride through the scenic Flam valley.
Transport from Flåm - Vatnahalsen is not included in this activity and tickets on the Flåm Railway from Flåm to Vatnahalsen has to be booked separately. Scroll to the bottom of the page in this link to book your tickets.
We recommend that you book tickets to the Flåm Railway before booking this activity, due to limited capacity during busy periods on the Flåm Railway.
- Meeting point: Flåm Zipline, a couple of minutes from Vatnahalsen station, see map here
- Getting there: Take the Flåm Railway to Vatnahalsen station. From the station, it takes only a couple of minutes to walk to the top of the zipline. Use this link to book your tickets on the Flåm Railway. From Myrdal Station it takes about 15 minutes to walk down to the top of the zipline.
- Duration: 10-15 minutes. It takes approx 1 hour by bike from Kårdal (the end stop of the zipline) to Flåm
- Minimum weight 25kg, maximum weight 140kg
- If you are pregnant or have back, neck, heart or lung problems, or you suffer from epilepsy or any other condition that could result in seizures, you should consider whether it advisable to to use the zipline
- It is not allowed to be intoxicated
- Please note that long hair, scarf, shawl and so on, must not reach the casters
- Loose objects like camera, etc. must be secured so they do not fall down and hurt people on the Rallarvegen / the Navvies' Road
- You are yourself responsible for valuable objects brought along on the zipline
- In case of bad weather, the zip line can be shut down for safety reasons
Welcome to a wild and stunning tour through the air with Flåm Zipline!