Flåm Zipline & Bike tour
- Action Adventures
Enjoy an exciting zipline tour through wild and beautiful nature on Scandinavias longest zipline; Flåm Zipline! After an exciting and thrilling experience, you take a relaxing bike ride through the Flåm Valley down to Flåm.
Ziplines are a longstanding tradition in the Flåm valley. The ziplines ('løypestreng') were primarily used to transport goods, timber, hay, milk barrels, and even animals from mountain farms and rocky outcrops.
Your Zipline tour starts at Vatnahalsen, just off the Bergen or Flåm Railway. The starting point for the zipline can be easily reached from Vatnahalsen station (about a 200 meters walk), or from Myrdalen station (about a 1,5 km walk).
Once safety instructions are completed and you are geared up, you're ready to throw yourself off the deck and fly through the beautiful valley at speeds reaching 100 km/h! After a thrilling ride, you end up in Kårdalen, situated right next to the Rallarrosa Cheese Farm, in the upper part of the Flåm valley.
Your adrenalin will still be pumping when you arrive at the cheese farm, and here you can spend some time unwinding with some great cheeses, light meals, and drinks. After some relaxation, you pick up your bike and head down to Flåm on a bike ride through the scenic Flam valley.
Transport from Flåm - Vatnahalsen is not included in this activity and tickets on the Flåm Railway from Flåm to Vatnahalsen have to be booked separately. Scroll to the bottom of the page in this link to book your tickets.
We recommend that you book tickets to the Flåm Railway before booking this activity, due to limited capacity during busy periods on the Flåm Railway.
- Meeting point: Flåm Zipline, a 200 m walk Vatnahalsen station or 1,5km walk from Myrdal station. See map here
- Duration: 10-15 minutes. It takes approx 1 hour by bike from Kårdal (the end stop of the zipline) to Flåm
- Minimum weight 25kg, maximum weight 140kg
- If you are pregnant or have back, neck, heart, or lung problems, or you suffer from epilepsy or any other condition that could result in seizures, you should consider whether it advisable to to use the zipline
- It is not allowed to be intoxicated
- Please note that long hair, scarf, shawl, and so on, must not reach the casters
- Loose objects like camera, etc. must be secured so they do not fall down and hurt people on the Rallarvegen / the Navvies' Road
- You are responsible for valuable objects brought along on the zipline
- In case of bad weather, the zip line can be shut down for safety reasons
Welcome to a wild and stunning tour through the air with Flåm Zipline!