SUP Rental in Skjolden
- Water Adventures
Looking for a physical activity or a fun thing to do on the fjord? Rent a Stand Up Paddle (SUP) in Skjolden and explore the inner part of Sognefjord on your own!
Unlike traditional surfboards, SUP-boards are bigger in length, width and volume. The increased size makes the boards more stable and ideal for exploring the fjord. Come close to steep mountain walls that go vertically down to the fjord and enjoy the amazing fjord views.
The fact that you are standing and paddling, gives you a better view and a different perspective of the water around you than in a traditional kayak. You have also the opportunity to sit or lay down on the board to relax or take the board up the shore. Keep your eye out for curious fjord seals and porpoises that share the fjord together with you.
The Lustrafjord is a 40 km branch of the giant Sognefjorden. The surrounding fjord landscape is a mighty sight with steep mountainsides and dramatic waterfalls. The area is also home to attractions like the Urnes stave church, the Nigardsbreen glacier, and the Feigumfossen waterfall.
- Meeting point: Skjolden Brygge, see map HERE
- Wear practical clothes and shoes. Shorts on warm summer days, and a light rain jacket on cloudy days
- Minimum age: 8 years, 15 years, and up are counted as adults
- Included: Stand Up Paddleboard, paddle, and life vest
- Safety: You must be able to swim to rent a SUP. Begin first on your knees to find your balance before standing up on the board
Enjoy the beautiful Lustrafjord on a SUP!