Via Ferrata Tour in Bergen
- Action Adventures
Just outside of Bergen you can join a tour in the beautiful surroundings. Where the Herdlefjorden meets Hjeltefjorden, you can experience some fun rock climbing along the bay!
Bergen is often referred to as the gateway to Fjord Norway, but it is also Norway’s second-largest city. Therefore, in order to connect guests to activities outside of the city center, we have arranged private transportation, directly from the most central and popular location in Bergen.
On this tour a dedicated bus will pick you up and transport you to beautiful Herdla- the starting point for the guided Via Ferrata Tour. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and includes a narrated video about the area and upcoming activities.
Upon arrival, you will be helped into your climbing gear and attend a short safety orientation before setting off. You will enjoy a unique climb around the Northern coastline of Herdla while traversing challenging obstructions, vertical drops over the sea, multiple zip-lines and more! No climbing experience is necessary!
On the trip, you will also see ruins from World War II, parts of a torpedo battery built during the Cold War and much more. We will take a short stop where you can enjoy your included lunch in beautiful and unique surroundings.
- Meeting point: The Strandkaien Terminal, between the Norled Terminal and the Tourist Information. SEE MAP HERE. Look for a minibus, please be there at least 10 min before departure
- An experienced guide will be with you at all times
- Helmet, harness, and all other necessary safety equipment are included, as well as a packed lunch
- Age limit: 7 years, minimum height 140cm
- The maximum allowable weight is 125 kg (275 lbs). Signing a safety waiver is required before departure
- Dress for the weather, wear good shoes such as mountain boots or climbing shoes, and gloves are recommended
Welcome to an exciting day of climbing!!