Off the beaten path bike tour in Oslo
- Cycling and Montain Biking
Discover an alternative Oslo, full of street art, hip cafes, surprising waterfalls, great food and award winning coffee. During this approximately 3-hour bike tour, you will ride the path along the Akerselva River.
On your tour, you will also stop at the heart of Oslo’s food scene, the indoor market “Mathallen” (closed on Mondays). Be amazed by rushing waterfalls in the middle of the city, just blocks from the trendy Grünerløkka neighborhood. And an absolute must is a stop at the stunningly modern Opera, to climb to the top of the roof for an amazing view.
What to Expect:
The Akerselva River is unique in Europe, and called one of Europe's best "streets" by the New York Times. Around every bend of the bike path is something different: rushing waterfalls, well-preserved 18th and 19th century industrial architecture, hip art galleries, and a lively local artist scene. And all of these sites along a car-free path next to a tranquil river that feels like the countryside in the city center.
This ride also takes in the interesting neighborhoods of Grønland and Grünerløkka. Grønland is the historic home of Oslo's immigrant population and now known for its great international cuisine, outdoor markets and affordable bars.
Grünerløkka is home to Oslo's hipsters, full of trendy bars and cafes with some great boutique shops mixed in. Viking Biking guides are happy to share their recommendations for places to go out in these fun neighborhoods which are a bit off-the-beaten path.
This ride involves a few short hills next to waterfalls but otherwise is mostly flat. Stops are frequent and total distance covered is about 11km (7 miles).
Good to know
- Meeting point: Nedre Slottsgate 4, Oslo. Please be there 15 minutes before booked time for registration and bike selection. After the tour guests are returned to the original departure point
- Included: A professional guide and use of a bike and helmet
- The guide will provide safety instructions at the beginning of the tour
- Water, rain ponchos and maps are available for purchase at the shop
- In May and September the tour runs on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Age limits: Children from 7-12, Adults 13+
Welcome to a fun day of biking in Oslo!