Arctic Truck Driving in Tromsø
Have you ever thought about leaving everyday life behind and driving a specially adapted vehicle off-road through the snow-covered landscape? Join in on a guided Arctic Truck driving adventure at Camp Tamok, a 75-minute scenic drive from Tromso.
Upon arrival at Camp Tamok, you will be provided with warm winter gear and begin the adventure with thorough safety instructions and a practical demonstration. It is then time to hit the road!
We start by driving about 20 km on the road before heading off-road in snow-covered fields and challenging landscape. You will be surprised how the Arctic Truck navigates through the snow and challenging terrain. While accompanied by a guide, you will experience what it is like to be in the driver’s seat of Arctic Truck and take it for a good spin! This promises to be the thrill of a lifetime!
After driving through the snow and parking the Arctic truck, you will be served a hot meal in a traditional North Norwegian setting around the open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. You can relax, warm up and reflect on a memorable driving experience before heading back to Tromso.
Please note: If you can drive a normal car, you can drive an Arctic Truck. All you need is a regular driving licence and a sense of adventur
Good to know
- Daily departures at 09.00 in winter season
- Meeting point is outside the Scandic Ishavshotel by the Harbour in Tromso town centre
- Scenic transfer: 75 minutes each way
- Duration of activity: 4 hr (Preparations, 2hr Arctic Truck driving, hot meal and relaxing at the camp)
- Included: Transportation by bus/minibus, English-speaking guide, winter overall suit, boots, mittens, hat, hot meal and hot drink
- Wear warm under garments (wool or fleece is recommended)
- Requiered: Driving licence
Go Arctic Truck driving in Tromsø during the Northern Lights & Norway in a nutshell® tour!