Reindeer Sledding in Tromsø
- Family Friendly Activities
- Dog Sledding and Snow Tours
Keen to meet the indigenous Sami people, hear their stories and have a close-up encounter with their reindeer? Join in on an authentic Sami culture and reindeer sledding experience at Camp Tamok. The daytime departure gives you a wonderful ride through white fairytale landscape while the evening tour offer excellent opportunities to experience the majestic Northern Lights.
Upon arrival at Camp Tamok, you will be provided with warm winter clothes and boots and then head off to explore the ancient part of Sami culture and try the oldest form of transport in the north.
As the reindeer herd is some distance from the barking huskies, your adventure will start with a short transfer by minibus to our Sami Camp. This fascinating cultural adventure includes reindeer sledding, lasso throwing, storytelling about the Sami culture and feeding the reindeer.
After this memorable encounter with the indigenous Sami people, you will return to Camp Tamok where we will serve you a hot meal around an open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. After relaxing and warming up, it is time to head back to Tromso and reflect on a memorable experience.
Good to know
- Daily departures at 09.00 and 17:00
- Meeting point is by the Harbour in Tromso town centre, Samuel Arnesens Gate 9, see map HERE
- Meet 15 minutes before departure
- Scenic transfer: 75 minutes each way
- Duration of activity: 4 hr (Preparations, 2 hr Sami Culture & Reideer sledding, hot meal and relaxing at the camp)
- Included: Transportation by bus/minibus, English-speaking guide, winter overall suit, boots, mittens, hat, hot meal and hot drink
- Vegetarian food will be provided if notice is given. If no notice is given in beforehand due to vegetarian option the customer must make a payment of NOK 150 on the spot
- Wear warm under garments (wool or fleece is recommended)
- Minimum age: 2 years
Go reindeer sledding in Tromsø during the Northern Lights & Norway in a nutshell® tour!