Winter fun in Eidfjord & Vøringsfossen
Join in on a fun and educational winter adventure in Eidfjord, Hardanger! This activity starts in Eidfjord centre and takes you to see the famous Vøringsfossen waterfall. You will receive winter clothing for activities such as snowshoe hiking, snow sledding or other Norwegian winter activities! A hot traditional Norwegian meal is served in the on-site lavvu!
This activity starts in Eidfjord, where you meet your guide and will receive clothing for the trip down before the tour starts. Meeting point with the guide will be at Tunet, Haugen, a short 2 minute walk from Eidfjord Fjell & Fjord Hotel and a 6 minute walk from Quality Hotel Vøringfoss.
Together with your guide you go by car/minibus up to Vøringsfossen. Here you take a short walk to an excellent viewpoint, providing great views of the magical (and often frozen!) Vøringsfossen Waterfall.
From the viewpoint you commence on a short walk into the wild winter nature to a lavvu with bonfire and local homemade warm food and drinks! During the meal your guide will tell you stories about the life around and on the Hardangervidda plateau, about the wildlife, nature and how people live in this magical landscape.
You will also get an opportunity to try snowshoes, go toboggan snow sledding or other fun winter activities! After your fun winter adventure is over you travel by bus back to Eidfjord.
- Duration: Activity 2,5 hours, transportation 30 min each way, total approx. 4 hours
- Departure/location: Departure by car/minibus from Tunet, Haugen up to Vøringsfossen, see map HERE
- Included: Eidfjord - Vøringfoss by minibus, English speaking guide, warm meal and drinks
- Equipment: We recommend that you wear a warm jacket, trousers and under garments (wool or fleece is recommended) and warm winter shoes. If necessary you will get extra foot bags
- Services: During the trip you will be served local warm food and drinks. Vegetarian food will be provided if advance notice is given
- Return: Bus 991 from Fossatromma bus stop to Eidfjord. The guide will accompany to the bus stop. The bus will have sign for Eidfjord
- Mimimum participants: 2 persons. We reserve the right to cancel the activity if too few participants
Enjoy your winter adventure!