RIB-boat Adventure on the Lustrafjord with Feigefossen Waterfall Hike
- Water Adventures
Combine a RIB-boat tour on the Lustrafjord with a waterfall hike to the impressive 218 metre tall Feigefossen waterfall!
This adventure takes you on an unforgettable expedition in a secure and rigid inflatable boat (RIB) into the Norwegian fjord landscape. Feel the breeze in your hair and relax to music from the stereo, while you enjoy beautiful views of the fjord, mountains and waterfalls.
The tour starts at Skjolden Brygge and takes you along the north shore of the Lustrafjord. From the fjord, you will have great views of the farms and villages where people have lived and worked for centuries. We make short stops at the different attractions along the way for photo opportunities and local history. The old Otta-tunnel, the village of Marifjøra, and the old juice factory in Sørheim are examples of these.
If we are lucky, curious porpoises and seals could show up near the RIB to greet us on our fjord safari. After an hour on the Lustrafjord, the inner part of the Sognefjord, it is possible to experience the refreshing waterfall cascades at close range.
After you are finished with the RIB-boat tour we go ashore in Feigum. From Feigum we start a 30 minutes hike on a rocky walking trail up to a viewpoint close to Feigefossen waterfall. From here you will get a good view of the impressive cascades of water. For those extra adventurous, it is a possibility to go even further, all the way to the foot of the waterfall, where a refreshing experience is guaranteed!
The hike goes along the Feigum river and takes approx. 1,5 hours as a roundtrip. The trail is a well-maintained mountain trail, but after rainy days is can be slippery and muddy, so good footwear is recommended.
After the waterfall experience, we walk back to the RIB-boat and glide back to Skjolden.
- Meeting point: Skjolden Brygge, see map HERE
- Meet up 15 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 3,5 hours
- Wear warm and practical clothes and shoes
- Bring good hiking shoes, clothing for the different weather conditions (rain racket is recommended)
- Backpack and a bottle of water.
- Minimum age: 6 years, 15 years, and up are counted as adults
- Flotation suits/overalls, life jackets, and goggles will be provided. If necessary you will also receive hats & mittens
- Safety instructions will be given prior to the excursion
Enjoy the beautiful Lustrafjord and amazing Feigefossen!