Fjord Safari on the Nærøyfjord
- Fjord Cruises and Fjord Safari
The Nærøyfjord is probably one of the most famous fjords in Norway. From Balestrand you can join in on an exciting fjord safari with rib-boat on the spectacular Nærøyfjord!
The trip towards the Nærøyfjord starts in Balestrand situated along the wide Sognefjord. When we travel up the Nærøyfjord, the steep mountains closes in on us and you will probably understand why it is called the most narrow fjord in the world!
Cascading waterfalls, lush green dots of farmland around the shores gives you a feeling that you are surrounded by magnificent nature.
We will explore the fjord and usually we will meet wildlife on our way like eagles, dolphins, otters, and seals.
- Meeting Place: Balestrand Tourist Information, see mape HERE. Please be there 15 min before departure)
- Daily departures. Duration: 2,5
- If you are leaving Balestrand with the express boat at 11:50, bring your luggage and the captain will store it at the tourist information. Once the Fjord Safari is over you can pick it up before boarding the express boat
- The price includes floatation suit (which also keep you dry and warm), life west, goggles and safety instructions
- Safety instructions will be given, please let us know if you are pregnant
Remember to bring your camera!