RIB Boat Safari from Odda with Farm visit & Cider tasting
- Fjord Cruises and Fjord Safari
Join in on a historical and cultural fjord safari on the Hardangerfjord, a fjord filled with living cultural heritage, surrounded by an impressive fjord landscape. Visit one of the fruitfarms, and try the locally produced sider!
We head out from the city of Odda, a modern town which grew up around hydro power production and melting industry in the mid-twentieth century.
We pass the hydro power plant “Cathedral” Tysso I in Tyssedal. The construction of the power plant Tysso I started in 1906, mountain water was dammed, waterfalls put into pipes and became the groundwork for waterpower production. This started the industrialization of Norway.
The tour continues as we enter Ullensvang, the fruitgarden of Norway. On both sides of the fjord you will see steep mountains, and be stunned and impressed by the hillsides filled with small fruitfarms. The Hardangerfjord provides 40% of all fruitproduction of Norway, including apples, sweet cherries, pears and plums.
The fruitproduction was started by monks from England during the 13th Century. The monks also introduced the productions of Sider (apple wine) to the local farmers. On the tour we will visit the farm Aga Sideri, try their sider, get some story telling, and get the opportunity to purchase local specialties.
Along the route you will explore different attractions, spots of wildlife, and our professional guide will tell fascinating stories about the nature and culture of the area. The Hardangerfjord is one of those magic places that has it all; the perfect backdrop for a truly memorable holiday experience.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Odda Tourist Informations Centre in Odda
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Included: Weatherproof suits, high-quality commentary by our drivers, farm visit and sider tasting
- An experienced guide will be with you during the tour and safety instructions will be given
- Age limit: 8 years. Children that are 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear practical outdoor clothes and shoes, and bring sunglasses. No heals, please
- Remember to bring a camera, sun glasses and sun screen
Have a nice trip on the Hardangerfjord!