Guided hike to Bondhus Lake & Glacier from Rosendal
Join in on this great hiking trip to Bondhus Lake & Glacier from Rosendal and be amazed by the beauty of the nature surrounding mountains, lakes and and glaciers.
A guide from Rosendal Event will take you in the van and drive along the beautiful Hardangerfjord towards Sundal.
The gravel road from Isvegen to Lake Bondhus (190m above sea level) was originally built in 1863 to transport ice from the Bondhusbreen Glacier down to the fjord for export. It is now maintained as a local attraction. The area is a magnet for casual tourists and mountain hikers in a spectacular landscape.
The hike to Lake Bondhus takes about 2 hours from the parking lot in Sundal. (hiking 3 km each direction)
Driving time from Rosendal to Sundal 30 minutes
Good to know
- Meeting point: The Pier in Rosendal
- Duration: 4,5 hrs including transport
- Included: Local guide and transport Rosendal - Sundal - Rosendal
- Wear: Good hiking shoes and outdoor clothing
- Bring: Lunch, water bottle and some snacks
- Can be done as a day tour from Bergen with the Hardangerfjord Express Boat
Enjoy the tour!